Rhodesian Ridgebacks > Rhodesian Ridgeback Discussions

Um, games with your beloved, 4 legged, slobbering/ jumping, Babies of Energy???

<< < (2/3) > >>

Duramax:
well chevy feches realy well, but he's a retriever.... ::) max and boog arent interested in it whatsoever

GoldenPyrs:
Daisy & Cassie fetch, but Sammy, Cara & Halley?  No way.  ;D  Daisy is golden/lab so retrieving is in her genes and Cassie is Pyr/? x so it's the "?" that probably fetches.   ;D  ;)  Pyrs typically don't fetch, they are naturally protective, sweet and lots of other things that I love, but if you want a dog to retrieve then they're usually not the one for you.  If you throw a ball for a Pyr and ask them to retrieve it, most will look at you like "Nahhhh, now if you wanted it then why did you throw it away??"  :P  Cracks me up!  My pyr puppies have loved to play with soda bottles or water/milk jugs by stomping & throwing them around.

VdogLover:

--- Quote from: SirdanceAlot on July 12, 2007, 04:12:48 pm ---How many of your puppies/dogs play fetch?

Is this a game that is taught or is it in their genes?

Spazz is really bad at this game.  He loves to play Tug of War and Keep Away.  I would like to be able to make Spazz run without having to chase him or run so he will chase me.  Fetch would be perfect.  I will throw a stick and he will chase it, then want to play keep away.  Or he will just take it and lay down and chew on it. (see pics).

What kind of games do you guys play with your puppies/dogs to get them to run out all of that energy. 

How many of you guys pupper's actually play fetch?

--- End quote ---

All mine play fetch...althou gh it is in their genes to go after it I taught them to bring it back.
Other games we play
Lucci and Breezes favorites.. find it (hiding a toy or food), tug, hide and seek of a human, and the come game.
Mays likes the above ok but her all time favorite is playing with her "Chase It" toy (the other 2 point it as they really should). She is alot wilder when she plays with it then the dogs in their video..lol
I would guess most sighthounds would love the "Chase it". also.
 http://www.chaseitpettoys.com/

heidismom:
i use two balls to play fetch with heidi.  she is gradually getting the idea that when she drops one the other one goes flying.  "keep away" is still her favorite game, though

SirdanceAlot:
Yeah, The give or bring back, I am having the hardest time getting spazz to understand that one.  He understands drop, but if there is something in his mouth there is no way he is comming close enough to me to grab it unless he is in the mood for some good ol tug a war.  And that is usually when we are in the house.  Outside its time to make daddy run and look stupid trying to catch me.  I mean he knows exactly when im going to move before i do.  Or so it seems. 

i just ordered one of those chase it toys.  that will take 5 to 90 days to get here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version