Author Topic: OK, so I'm "Mean Mommy"  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
OK, so I'm "Mean Mommy"
« on: March 10, 2006, 10:14:21 pm »
So I've been avoiding writing this because I feel SO bad about it but it's time to fess up. I took Sadie to the vet on Tuesday because of her potty issues. She had an appt. this week anyway for shot updates so I just called them to bump it up. Her # 2's didn't look right to me - and not just because they were all over my rug. So it turns out, she was running a fever - poor baby! Nothing showed up in the stool sample they ran but the vet said that she may have caught a bug or eaten something icky and she was pretty sure that's why she was going so much in the house. She has to go back tomorrow because they couldn't give her her rabies shot with her fever. They sent her home on a mild antibiotic and a bland diet and she hasn't had any accidents since then. She actually scratched the door to go outside this morning. I feel SO guilty and just BAD for being so mad at her and so frustrated! Of course, none of this excuses the other obnoxious behaviors but that seems to be getting WAY better with our extra training time and more exercise. Although she's definitely still a little punk :)

So she wasn't being bad after all. She wasn't feeling good. And I'm just a big fat "Mean Mommy". I felt like such a jerk for being so mad at her.
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: OK, so I'm "Mean Mommy"
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 11:52:17 pm »
You are a wonderful mommie...you did what was necessary!  Poor her, though.  She was being as good as she could!  All this stuff is a learning process:   her to communicate to you and you to communicate with her.  It's all good.  She's on the mend and you get to clean the carpet!! :P

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 12:21:11 am »
You are not a mean Mommy! You did the right things, you got her into a vet, and the problem is on it's way to being resolved.It's not like Sadie can walk up to you and say "Hey Mom, I'm sick."
I get mad and frustrated at my skinkids, but that doesn't make me a mean Mom, it makes me human, and imperfect. Don't beat yourself up over the dog, wait til you have kids and feel guilty that you screwed them up. It's much more satisfying.
Stella

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 01:50:30 am »
You aren't a bad Mommy...What happened there is called a learning experience...I t makes you a better Mommy. :) Don't beat yourself up...The fact that you feel bad is enough to make me certain that would never happen again & tha's why you're a good Mommy! :) :-*

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 07:13:52 am »
Thanks for making me feel better guys. Think she'll forgive me? I wish they could talk sometimes! She cried and scratched at the door again today. I think she finally gets the picture now that she feels better.

I get to try to tackle the nightmare of a carpet today. And try to clean the drool off the cats. A day of cleaning bodily fluids. Can you think of a better way to spend your Saturday? :D
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge