Author Topic: What are your most common questions?  (Read 9261 times)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: What are your most common questions?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2006, 03:31:02 pm »
-Does she shed?
-Is she a Samoyed??!!!!  This from a woman who had a Samoyed!
-She's a puppy?  How much bigger could she get?
-Can I hug her?(kids love to hug her for some reason)
-How often do you vaccuum? (every day, sometimes twice)
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline swells

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2006, 03:42:56 pm »
My favorite is when you are at a crowded event and someone asks you if he bites. Yeah, I would bring a dog that would bite around hundreds of people. Duh!!!

The shedding question is funny also, because I am usually covered in hair when asked. No, all this hair on my shirt is from me.

It really bothers me when people cringe up their face and ask these questions like he is some kind of mutant alien and they refer to him as a "thing". Example = "How much does that thing weigh?", How much did that thing cost?". Grrrrrrrr!!!

Stacie

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2006, 08:17:11 pm »
I took Samson & Pippin to Theisens today & got asked "How much do they eat...I bet they eat alot...I bet they eat you out of house & home" or some variation of at least a half dozen times.
Met some young dingy girl who asked no questions at all but almost immediatly squealed "I'M GETTING ONE"...I strongly discouraged that without alot of research first to which she replied "Well, I already have a Lab/Retriever mix I know ALL about dogs"!...I told her Pyrs weren't like Labs or Retrievers & got "I know all about dogs" again... So,I told her Pyrs were really dog aggressive & probably wouldn't get along with her dog & went on my way ::)...O.k...I was being bad but I shuddered to think of her owning one of my beloved breed because she didn't have a clue & didn't want a clue she just wanted "one". :(
I also had a guy come up & tell me he used to have a St. Bernard too :D :D :D...WHAT?...LOL!
Here are my rare white St. Bernards disguised as sheep so they don't get mobbed everywhere they go. :D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 08:30:45 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2006, 08:58:37 pm »
I love the price question.  I am now saying " If you have to ask"  ::) 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Lyn

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2006, 06:44:40 am »
If someone ask me about 'how much they cost?' I always throw in the fact that vet bills, medications, sugury etc.. cost double. Usually makes their eyes bug out since vet bills are expensive enough as it is. It's a good way to weed out those that just want a big paw for 'looks'.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 06:46:20 am by Lyn »