Author Topic: Confused, need help, can't figure out what to do...  (Read 14728 times)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: Confused, need help, can't figure out what to do...
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 11:50:13 am »
I'm so sorry!  If you're that torn about it, you've made the wise choice to say no.  That is often so hard, esp when you've waited SO long!  Your dreams have died and that is very sad.   :'(  Here's to hoping that something will work out soon that you will be able to form new dreams!
Daphne

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 01:07:26 pm »
I am sorry, I can only imagine how hard your decision was.  I agree with everyone else, you were right to trust your instincts.

Since you always make me laugh, I thought I would give cheering you up a little a shot:

Are You Having a Bad Day?

For all of you who occasionally have a really bad day when you just need to take it out on someone, don't take that bad day out on someone you know.

Instead, take it out on someone unfriendly who you don't know!

Now get this. I was sitting at my desk, when I remembered a phone call I had to make. I found the number and dialed it.

A man answered nicely saying, "Hello?"

I politely said, "This is Patrick Hannifin and could I please speak to Robin Carter?"

Suddenly, the phone was slammed down on me! I couldn't believe that anyone could be that rude.

I tracked down Robin's correct number and called her. I had transposed the last two digits incorrectly.

After I hung up with Robin, I spotted the wrong number still lying there on my desk. I decided to call it again.

When the same person once more answered, I yelled "You're a jackass!" and hung up.

Next to his phone number I wrote the word "jackass," and put it in my desk drawer.

Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really bad day, I'd call him up.

He'd answer, and I'd yell, "You're a jackass!"

It would always cheer me up.

Later in the year, the phone company introduced caller ID.

This was a real disappointment for me; I would have to stop calling the jackass.

Then, one day, I had an idea.

I dialed his number, then heard his voice, "Hello."

I made up a name. "Hi, this is Mike Smith with the sales office of the telephone company and I'm just calling to see if you're familiar with our caller ID program?"

He went, "No!" and slammed the phone down.

I quickly called him back and said, "That's because you're a jackass!"

The reason I took the time to tell you this story is to show you how if there's ever anything really bothering you, you can do something about it -- just dial my good ol' friend, the jackass, at 555-1111.

[Keep reading! It gets better.]

An old lady at the mall really took her time pulling out of the parking place. I didn't think she was ever going to leave.

Finally, she got the car in reverse and she began to move ... very slowly backing out of the slot.

I backed up a little more to give her plenty of room to pull out.

Great, I thought, she's finally leaving.

All of a sudden this black Camaro comes flying up the parking aisle in the wrong direction and pulls into her space.

I started honking my horn and yelling, "You can't just do that, Buddy. I was here first!"

The guy climbed out of his Camaro completely ignoring me. He walked toward the mall as if he didn't even hear me.

I thought to myself, "This guy's a jackass!" There sure a lot of jackasses in this world.

Then I noticed he had a "For Sale" sign in the back window of his car. I wrote down the number then hunted for another place to park.

A couple of days later, I'm at home sitting at my desk. I had just gotten off the phone after calling 555-1111 and yelling, "You're a jackass!" (It's really easy to call him now since I have his number on speed dial.)

I noticed the phone number of the guy with the black Camaro lying on my desk and thought I'd better call this guy, too.

After a couple rings, someone answered the phone and said, "Hello."

I said, "Is this the man with the black Camaro for sale?"

"Yes, it is."

"Can you tell me where I can see it?"

"Yes, I live at 1802 West 34th street. It's a yellow house and the car's parked right out front."

I said, "What's your name?"

"My name is Don Hansen."

"When's a good time to catch you, Don?"

"I'm home in the evenings."

"Listen Don, can I tell you something?"

"Yes."

"Don, you're a jackass!" And I slammed the phone down.

After I hung up, I added Don Hansen's number to my speed dialer.

For a while, things seemed to be going better for me.

Now, when I had a problem, I had two jackasses to call.

Then, after several weeks of calling the jackasses and hanging up on them, it just wasn't as enjoyable as it used to be.

I gave the problem some serious thought and came up with a solution.

First, I had my phone dial Jackass #1.

A man answered nicely saying, "Hello."

I yelled "You're a jackass!", but I didn't hang up.

The jackass said, "Are you still there?"

I said, "Yeah."

He said, "Stop calling me."

I said, "No."

He said, "What's your name, Pal?"

I said, "Don Hansen."

He said "Where do you live?"

"1802 West 34th Street. It's a yellow house and my black Camaro's parked out front."

"I'm coming over right now, Don. You'd better start saying your prayers."

"Yeah, like I'm really scared, Jackass!" and I hung up.

Then I called Jackass #2.

He answered, "Hello."

I said, "Hello, Jackass!"

He said, "If I ever find out who you are..."

"You'll what?"

"I'll kick your butt."

"Well, here's your chance. I'm coming over right now, Jackass!" And I hung up.

Then I picked up the phone and called the police. I told them I was at 1802 West 34th Street and that I was going to kill my brother-in-law as soon as he got home.

I made another quick call to Channel 13 about the gang war going down on West 34th Street.

After that, I climbed into my car and headed over to 34th Street to watch the whole thing.

Glorious! Watching two Jackasses throwing punches and kicking one another in front of 6 squad cars, a police helicopter, and channel 13 news cameras!!!

It was one of the greatest experiences of my life!

Name withheld to protect the guilty.

I am kind of a big deal!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 01:32:14 pm »
BWAHAHAHAHA!! That's hilarious!!!!! Made my day!

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 01:54:47 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA  if that doesn't make you laugh, nothing will!

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 02:09:05 pm »
OMG!!!  That joke is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard...I'm laughing so hard I have tears coming down my face and I can't breath!!!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 04:06:54 pm »
So, I'm still just a little confused. Was this the ONLY puppy the breeder had set aside for you guys to have? Are you saying she had never intended for you to have one of the healthier ones? Or that she was, but now she has changed her mind and is saying this one or none? If any of these are the case, that is not fair and I would certainly find a new breeder, even thought I know it feels like you'll never find your puppy. You will. Have faith!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

doggylover

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 04:38:09 pm »
LOLOLOL I was just about to tell you thank you so much for the joke, but I would rather have my puppy!  When, all of a sudden, I got an email back from the breeder...she said, of course I would get another female from this litter, not to worry!
So, I got a HILARIOUS joke AND a robust PUPPY!
Thank you everyone!!!!!
 :D 

DakotaMom

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 04:45:03 pm »
I am so glad to hear that you will still be getting a puppy. I had a feeling that she might be willing to help yoo out once you explained to her how you felt.

Now, when do I get to meet her?

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 04:55:25 pm »
LOLOLOL I was just about to tell you thank you so much for the joke, but I would rather have my puppy!  When, all of a sudden, I got an email back from the breeder...she said, of course I would get another female from this litter, not to worry!
So, I got a HILARIOUS joke AND a robust PUPPY!
Thank you everyone!!!!!

That is so awesome!!!!!! Yeeeeeeha!!!!!  Great news for you!  Can't wait to see a bazillion pics!
Daphne

doggylover

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 04:58:11 pm »
I am so glad to hear that you will still be getting a puppy. I had a feeling that she might be willing to help yoo out once you explained to her how you felt.

Now, when do I get to meet her?
We will be at the Portland Meet and Greets!  She will be the little one in the purple backpack with the pink collar and the little angle wings secured on her back!  Also in tow will be Mr. Pookie, who will likely look ticked off and displaced!
YAYAYAYAYAY

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 05:01:05 pm »
I'm so glad everything worked out for you. What an emotional roller coaster ride you've been on!
Heres hoping everything goes smooth for you from here on out :)
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2006, 05:01:14 pm »
I'm SO happy you are still getting your puppy!...You were so clearly distraught & heartbroken... YYYYIIIIIPPPPP PPPPEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE for puppies! ;D

doggylover

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 05:06:20 pm »
I'm so glad everything worked out for you. What an emotional roller coaster ride you've been on!
LOL yeah, what a ride.  I told hubby today that I'm not as excited as I was before, just too much up and down stuff...I don't think I rebound that quickly.  He said, when we go up to get our new baby, I'll about pass out from happiness!
He knows me so well!

doggylover

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2006, 06:20:11 pm »
OK roughly an hour ago, I posted my last thing about it all being fine.  Got an email from her about how...well, I'll just copy the body here (btw, I blamed it on hubby,he was more concerned than I was and he said that was OK with him):

Rhonda,
I can understand what your husband is saying. Certainly there could be problems down the road, but that can happen with the biggest, robust pups too. We can still work out something maybe on a different girl. They are growing and changing so much everyday.

Like I said don't worry you will still be getting a female out of this litter.

OK that was the end of the email I got, then I posted my happy post here about how we would get a puppy.  Now, about 10 minutes ago, I get this email:

Rhonda,

I have to be honest and upfront here ......... It doesn't sit well with me that your husband has no trust is my decision to sell you a specific puppy. This tells me there will most likely be problems down the road when it comes time for the puppies to be born and while you are raising them. I have tried this in the past and it never worked out as per the agreement. As I told you last night this is a rarity for me to even offer as I have been burned in the past. I do believe you are appreciative and sincere but your husband is not and I do not want to cause a rift in your marriage.
Why would I sell you a pup that I want puppies back out of it I was concerned about her health??  With any pup there is always a chance something could happen or that they don't turn out like one hopes.  So if she didn't turn out to be show you are not out any more money. You are paying for a pet quality pup .......worst case that is what you would end up with. I am the one loosing out giving you a show girl for a pet price and hoping you will honor the agreement we put together. All the risk is on my end.

I will see what the girls look like just proir to your arrival and I will decide if I want to risk sending you with a show girl or not.
Take care,

(I have edited out her name and kennel name because I don't want to disparage her reputation)

WTF???????????

OK then I sent this email back:

I am suprised and worried about your last email.  We never heard anything about this little girl until last night...she wasn't even included in the first pictures you sent us.  I am sure you can see the concern regarding this little puppy (she is adorable by the way) since you mentioned that you didn't think she would make it in the beginning.  We have every intention of following through, to the letter of everything we promise you.  I would never agree to anything that my husband wasn't behind, and neither of us would sign a contract with you, or give you our word that we would do something and then not follow through on that promise. 
I feel like the relationship between us is similiar to how I would feel about you if you were giving us your child.  We both respect you and appreciate what you do more than you can possibly know.  The only concern David has is based on what you told me, that she started out sooo weak. 
If you feel that you can't trust us to honor our word concerning the breeding thing, I wish you would tell us that now, so that I don't spend the next 10 days up and down, wondering if we will get a puppy.  I understand where you are coming from and would respect that decision. 
I'm very saddened at this turn...I hope we can find a way to get past it, I think if we can, you will look back on this as a bump at the beginning of a long trustworthy relationship. 
Please do let me know of your decision as soon as you can, this is causing me a lot of pain and worry. 
Ronda     

Am I crazy?  Am I delusional?  Is this a nightmare?  WTF?  Am I not getting something here?  I don't understand any of this.  I don't understand what is happening here.  What is this?
I can't handle this...I'm sick, I now have diarrhea, I am about to vomit.  My head hurts.  I feel like I'm failing a really hard test.   ??? :'( >:( :(

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2006, 06:36:33 pm »
I think this breeder is beginning to sound like a Flake. >:(
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla