Author Topic: Say What?? A Must Read!!  (Read 15333 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Say What?? A Must Read!!
« on: July 11, 2005, 09:01:47 am »
It has been a while since we have had topics on our board that get everyone's blood rushing! It seems as though the opinions and feelings expressed are all over the place. Some general feelings have been good, bad, strongly for, strongly against, loving, hating, liking, not liking, being appalled, being enthralled, being intrigued, being frightened, feeling safe, feeling uneasy, feeling judged, and feeling free to express yourself. All of these feeling are expected when you have hundreds of people sharing their own opinions and experiences, yet one thing binds us all together: WE LOVE OUR DOGS!

Whether they are giant, large, or medium sized, clean and shiny, or dirty and smelly we LOVE them and couldn’t imagine our life without these wonderful creatures. Most of them have 4 legs while some have 3, most are full grown though some are brand new puppies, most are multi-colored but a few are solid,  most have long hair that gets everywhere yet some have fine coats that don’t break your vacuum. Regardless of the dog and the owner- tall, short, rolly-polly or skin and bones, dark hair or light hair, long hair, short hair, or no hair at all, pink, blue, purple, brown, black, white, or yellow skinned, clear faced or pimply- we are all humans and all have feelings.

It is not fun to get your feelings hurt because of what is said or in our case what is written. Words can make your day like when my husband calls out of the blue to say, “I love you” or when I ruin his by saying “We’re having spaghetti for dinner”.  In either case, it takes less than 10 words to change your mood. So, if we all remember that this is a fun place to hang out, chat, ask questions, share your knowledge, good, bad, frightening, or fantastic experiences, as well as hopes and dreams, then, in the words of Rodney King we won’t have to ask, “Can’t we all just get along?”

Here is a link to the "rules" in case you need a little refresher: http://bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,399.msg2604.html#msg2604
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 09:10:42 am by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Say What?? A Must Read!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 09:28:00 am »
Hello

I'm glad this was posted, I haven't had my feelings hurt or anything like that, and this is one of the few sites that I am nor afraid to post. I am not scared that someone will make fun of me or say nasty things. This is a great and fun site, and I hope it will stay like that
 ;D
Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 09:35:27 am »
Due to a crazy past month, finally it is over... I haven't had the time to post. Of course I still would jump on to read what was going on if I could find two seconds here or there, but I was becoming disapointed in the way some of the topics were becoming heated with the occasional insult being tossed about. This is what I love so much about this place, everyone is so friendly and helpful. A place to come to when someone needed cheering up, or when they had questions to ask. The highlights of my day are looking at all of the great pics that are added.

Thanks for the gentle reminder on what this place is all about! There are lots of other forums out there to get into heated discussions and toss about needless insults. This is the best place for dog lovers to come and share their wonderful experiences (and sometimes not so great) with their dogs!!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 10:15:02 am »
Ty Jaba!...I love this place too because I don't have to be afraid to ever ask questions, share my feelings, state my opinion in a friendly way, give friendly advise ot just plain say "man!...I messed up"!!!...I belonged to another dog web site for awhile when I was researching breeds & finally hd to tell them that I never saw so many self riteous, pompous, know it all, condemming ******** in one place in my life!...Yup, I was promptly banned. ;D  It was awful!...People came for advise & were just slammed...Peop le said I messed up help me fix it & we crucified!...It seemed that the majority of the people there were there to chastise others with no answers on what was needed for the DOGS!...That's why I get upset when I see a post with that kind of feeling behind it!...This is truley an awesome bunch who obviously love & want what's best for their dogs!...Lets keep it up!

GR8DAME

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 10:59:52 am »
Been gone in the North Woods for a week, no phone, no lights, no motorcar, not a single luxury. Glad to see that you all haven't changed, and the wonderful atmosphere here is still just that, kind, caring and wonderful.
Stella

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 11:39:41 am »
Glad we are all one big happy family!!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 11:47:47 am »
I agree.  I know I am guilty on occasion for that I am sorry.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline rockettgirl68

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • chance precious an john
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 04:48:37 pm »
i do believe i am guilty as well im sorry if i affened any one at any time i must agree this is a top notch place to be when i got my chance i caught all kinds of h*ll in a pit place because he wasnt a rescue it seemed that i was supposed to risk my children from a dog that was full grown an not much known a bout i cant do that they flipped because he was out og the paper but what they dont realize is chance opened my heart back up as some here know the problems i have with a shelter dog i was going to pack it in where dogs where concerned because i could not find a dog in my price range or even free who was right for us then came chance a dog who has done more then change our lives as i told a friend today i sometimes forget i have only 5 kids because chance his reactions are so human i have started to think i have 6 kids an i have found i say that to in public if i see someone i havent seen in awhile lol ty jaba for this site
http://p2.forumforfree.com/furbabies.html
a place to talk about all your pets regardless what they are

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 05:32:08 pm »
*bump*
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 06:48:49 pm »
Beautifully well written jaba. Bear would be proud of that post  :D
RIP former BPO

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 07:01:07 pm »
I guess there's not much to add to this, except to say I love this place. And Jabear, I too have been a part of other groups where things like that went on and the moderators said/did nothing. It's great to know you're here to keep us in check...me included. I don't ever try to be offensive, but that doesn't mean it's never happened. I like that you would say something about it, incase I didn't know I was being that way rather than have everyone think I'm a jerk and me not even know it!
That's what makes this such a great place, that you're involved and care about what goes on here. Thanks Lady!

Vicki

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 11:11:03 am »
Thanks Vicki and Shangrila for the kind words. This site has turned into such a wonderful place and is way more than I imagined it would ever become so I really want it to remain this way...and of course get even better with time!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2005, 07:12:00 pm »
This seems like a very nice site. I am looking forward to exchanging information and getting help from everyone.
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2005, 09:21:58 pm »
Jabear,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  You guys do a fantastic job with this web site and I know I certainly appreciate all of the information, posts and ideas that come from this wonderful forum you have created.  Most times it seems that we all get along and  laugh, share and as we have seen the past few days too, cry with each other.  It is obvious by the # of members that have joined since early on, this web site is superb! 

Keep up the great job everyone! Especially Michael, Jaime and Bear!

We love it here in Newfie Nuthouse in Jersey!

Anita & the 3 goofy Newfies from NJ

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005, 05:54:46 pm »
Thanks for the all the kind words everyone!
Hugs,
Jaime