Author Topic: Say What?? A Must Read!!  (Read 15334 times)

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
Re: Say What?? A Must Read!!
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2006, 01:16:52 pm »
Having information to share isn't the same as being wise. 
Sometimes the only power people have is in their knowledge (say, like about dogs).  Unfortunately, they can't handle the power and start believing they're "wise." 

I'm glad this website is here and I'm convinced there are a lot of "wise" people here -- sharing their wisdom, not making snap judgments or spouting out criticisms of those of us who don't know much about Big Dogs.  I've received more important information from this website than I ever imagined.  And I've been referred to other websites with even more information about my breed (Einstein's that is).

And the fear is always in the back of my mind that Einstein will show signs of a devastating disorder not seen before and I'll have to make those decisions .  .  .  having fallen in love with him in less than a month, it would break my heart to have to choose between money (which I don't have) and his life.  Somehow I can't imagine anyone around here condemning me no matter what the outcome. 

Thanks

Sarah

Offline wiss329

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2006, 12:29:19 pm »
I’ve really grown to appreciate this site in the last couple of days.  I’ve always been a frequent visitor/lurker/reader, but never really a poster.  Actually, I’ve never really been much of a poster on any board.  I’m shy online as I am in real life. 

However, recently I’ve found how intentionally cruel people can be on message boards (another board, not BPO).  Long story sorta short, a group of volunteers from a rescue group where we adopted Max are working as part of a fundraiser to win one of those “Vote for my dog” contests.  As part of the campaign for our dog, one of the volunteers posted on a message board asking people if they would vote.  A person responded claiming our campaign was just a scam, had done this last year, that the person was going to use the money for a shopping spree, and that they would do what they could to keep our dog from having a chance to win.  I posted in defense of the volunteer (a calm defense…or rather a plea to stop with untruthful posts).  The person then responded with the same lie, not taking any time to research any of the links/information provided which show the group is a legitimate rescue group. 

I’ve cried over sad movies and sad books, but never over a post on a message board before.   I just couldn’t/can’t understand why people lie and intentionally like to stir up trouble.  Naive, I know.

But that is what makes BPO stand out—it just overflows with support and kindness (and cute pictures).  No internet trolls lurking around to throw insults and cause pointless drama. 

So this is my thank you to Big Paws!  Thank you for the hard work!  Thank you for creating a place to go to that provides helpful advice, smiles and laughs, and at times a virtual shoulder to cry on.

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2006, 12:36:46 pm »
I posted in defense of the volunteer (a calm defense…or rather a plea to stop with untruthful posts).  The person then responded with the same lie, not taking any time to research any of the links/information provided which show the group is a legitimate rescue group. 

Good for you!
Sarah