Author Topic: Fed up with people letting their dogs run free..  (Read 11433 times)

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
Re: Fed up with people letting their dogs run free..
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2005, 05:35:02 am »
This situation is all really terrible....ca n you call the animal control and tell them that you are sure one is a pit bull so they come out.  When you get there then say "oh silly me that one over there is not a pit bull?  ::)"  At least that would get them out there...then hopefully they would fix the problem

I thought about that but they already know that they are 2 GS, a chow chow and a Samoyed. None of those could be mistaken for a pitbull.

As grumpybunny mentioned that the dog actually has to bite someone before they take action.. I'm beginning to think it's the same here. No one at animal control actually said that to me.. but they haven't really done anything except speak to the owners and tell them to leash/tie up their dogs. Now with the Pitbull owners.. they get no second chances. If their dog is loose then get the gears immediately. How fair is that. ???

Contacting my local representative is a great idea.. I know they helped a friend of mine although that wasn't an animal control issue. I'll call first thing in the morning tomorrow.

how sad  it's not your fault  but the fault of people who just dont care where or what happens to animals

i guess we would have had to do the same if threatened by a ferrel animal
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Lyn

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2005, 04:51:21 pm »
Well looks like everything is solved. All 4 dogs haven't been loose since friday.  ;D I spoke with my local representative, but he wasn't sure if he could do anything. Looks like he did though. ;D Woot woot. I'm now the most hated woman in my neighbourhood but oh well. LOL

I still haven't heard back from anyone.. but as long as these dogs remain confined it works for me. ;D

Now Bubba's walks can resume as normal.

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2005, 10:47:23 pm »

I'm proud of you! You are not hated. You are a force to be reconded with!
Good for you!
I am proud to be associated with you!
Tulsa and John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2005, 12:27:13 am »
Hey, that's great to hear.  Hopefully they will stay locked up, where they should be.

Icerotti

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2005, 05:33:24 am »
Yeah. Walk on Bubba :D :D :D :D

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2005, 03:15:36 pm »
Great Job! And if that doesn't work, find the most aggressive nastiest lawyer with long teeth to write a letter to the head of animal control, all city/county council members, and  all others with jurisdicition, threatening a lawsuit for failure to enforce the leash law thus failing to protect you and Bubba as well as any other passerbys with dogs or young children. Just a thought.  ;)