Author Topic: Do You Get Excited When You See Your Breed In Public?  (Read 10350 times)

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Get Excited When You See Your Breed In Public?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2005, 12:43:19 pm »
I havent seen  either of my breeds either...only one other central asian and i am not sure of how many if any caucasian either
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

GR8DAME

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2005, 01:08:01 pm »
Must be a regional thing, lots of cute college guys work their summers in road construction around here, but hey, I'm married not buried! Eye candy is just that, candy, don't want a steady diet, nor to take any home LOL. ::)
Stella

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2005, 01:33:47 pm »
I love it when I run into big paws and rare breeds out in public.  :D  Its one of those fun  uplifting moments that can happen during the day.  Kind of like hearing a great song on the radio, or having a little one give you a beaming smile for no reason.  ;D
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2005, 07:59:30 pm »
Seeing big paws out and about ranks right up there with cute, shirtless construction workers for me!
Stella

Sometimes I step in and make deliveries to construction sites and the workers there are either sucked up and tweaking from doing too much speed, or they have bellies hanging down to their knees.  I don't know, that might be your thing so I won't make fun.  ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2005, 11:33:34 am »
I love it when I see a newf when I am out. You would think it would be a common occurance here in Newfoundland but it hasn't been until lately. I think Newfs are making a comeback here on the Rock!! :D Besides the 3 newfs in obedience with Angus and a fourth who dropped by training class last week, I have seen 2 others in the last month on several different occasions. So I guess I'm spoiled a bit now, I see at the minimum 3 other Newfs every week!!! On the other hand I get a great thrill when I see a Saint and I have only seen 1 this year and that was 3 weeks ago, man was he big!!

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2005, 12:59:56 pm »
Yep!  and it's not just me.
My daughter worked at a doggie daycare this summer and when I'd pick her up she would always alert me to Neo's, rottis, and big dogs in general.   
"See him Mom? Isn't he COOL?" 

At least I know where she gets it from.  ;D

-Wendy
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

rickysmom1

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2006, 11:12:10 pm »
I stopped in at PetCo to pick up some puppy treats for Tater and on my way out this HUGE guy walked in with a HUGE Neopolitan Mastiff. I've only ever seen these Mastiffs on TV or in pictures, and I have to say that they are even more impressive in person. I also saw a pair of Rhodesian Ridgebacks at the park a couple of weeks ago when we were walking Tater. They were so well behaved. I was jealous since I had super crazy aka Tater freaking out at the end of the leash wanting to play with them.  ;D

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2006, 11:41:09 pm »
I can probably count on one hand how many times in my life I have seen other Danes in Kirkland Lake but i always get excited when I see them. Memphis is one of the only ones I see often and he is such a gorgeous boy. I hope Kayzer grows up to be as nice as Memphis! :)
I even get excited when I see Danes on T.V.
I must admit it is kind of nice having a breed that not to many people have!!! :-[ I guess Im a little bit selfish he he ::)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2006, 11:51:35 pm »
Same here. I dont even think there is another St. in KL. Its cool to see another one although its very rare. The last one I saw was a few hours South of here and I wanted Cuttles to turn the car around so I could go see him. We didnt have time. Next time I go through Temagami Im going looking for him. LOL
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2006, 05:26:32 pm »
Since we're not 100% on what Lucas are we tend to get excited when we see many breeds! "oooo, look at that guy! its big Luke!" or "check that guy out, he has a Luke-butt"  It goes on and on. Lately it's extended to general excitement about any big breed. We just freak out whenever we see a dog.
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline Hedda Garland

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2006, 08:29:03 pm »
With a rare breed a never see another hovawart around, unfortunately. Therefore my exitement starts the moment when someone knows about the breed in general. I guess it'll take me trip to Europe to find some more of those guys. :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2006, 01:28:28 am »
I happen to love Hovawarts, and you have my favorite kind, the black and tans.  I think the blond ones look too much like golden retrievers.

I have met one at a dog function.  It was a blond one.  The lady actually invited me over to her tent in the flyball area b/c they had puppies, but when I went later I couldn't find them and was bummed.