Author Topic: midwest get together!?  (Read 10593 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: midwest get together!?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 09:33:54 am »
Hmm....well, we may have to have two midwest get-togethers! hahaha....or, more appropriately a Midwest and a Great Lakes.

But let's keep talking.....
I think you're on to something Nicole!  The Great Lakes sounds great too.

Offline bhender254

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 10:17:27 am »
I would be interested in something in Iowa or Missouri, Indiana is a bit far to travel with my guys.

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 11:31:09 am »
i know of 3 very cool dogs who would love to get together in missouri!!!!! 
NICKI

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 11:45:00 am »
Where in Iowa?
Where in Missouri?
According to MapQuest, from my house to Michigan City, In. is 200 miles; to St Louis, Mo is 240 miles; to Columbia City, Mo is 350 miles, and to Iowa City, IA is 390 miles.  I'm really not opposed to driving some distance, but where would this get-together be?
(it sucks to be in the middle of totally NOWHERE)
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2006, 12:04:21 pm »
Maybe we can come too!  We're moving to northeastern Oklahoma this summer...it would be great to have a doggie get together!  Woo-hoo! :)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2006, 12:16:31 pm »
I'm in Dyersville IA which is close to Dubuque...Dubu que is in Eastern IA...I am serious about doing it at my house...OMG my hubby will think I've finally flipped!...lol!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2006, 12:19:14 pm »
What would be really cool is if we could have it at my house & correlate it with the Doggy Dip at the public pools at the end of summer!...Also, there is a dogpark about 30 minutes away from here. ;D

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2006, 12:25:00 pm »
yes, i do live in missouri so it would be nice for us to have it in my home state lol.....but also, i think missouri is a good place cuz it is somewhat in the middle so it would be kinda equal travel for most (except me ha). 

i would also travel to the other ones, but for those who can't travel that far, i think missouri is a good choice?.

who think MO would be a good area to focus one of the get togethers in?
NICKI

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2006, 12:35:41 pm »
Where in Iowa?
Where in Missouri?
According to MapQuest, from my house to Michigan City, In. is 200 miles; to St Louis, Mo is 240 miles; to Columbia City, Mo is 350 miles, and to Iowa City, IA is 390 miles.  I'm really not opposed to driving some distance, but where would this get-together be?
(it sucks to be in the middle of totally NOWHERE)
That's a long drive through Indiana too.  I rode it on the bike all the way up.

Nicole

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2006, 01:13:42 pm »
Hmmm....well, sounds like we may be looking at a Great Lakes get-together and a midwest get-together. I might be interested in driving to both, but for example Megan (who is a teenager) might not be able to get herself to Missouri.

So, Nicki and Gyps, if you wanna plan something for the Midwesterners, I'll keep planning one for the Great Lakes people. Sound good?

So....Great Lakes people (Lins, Julie, Stella and Dale, Emily, Megan, 2Dobies...anyo ne else) How about July?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2006, 01:21:26 pm »
Hmmm....well, sounds like we may be looking at a Great Lakes get-together and a midwest get-together. I might be interested in driving to both, but for example Megan (who is a teenager) might not be able to get herself to Missouri.

So, Nicki and Gyps, if you wanna plan something for the Midwesterners, I'll keep planning one for the Great Lakes people. Sound good?

So....Great Lakes people (Lins, Julie, Stella and Dale, Emily, Megan, 2Dobies...anyo ne else) How about July?

Yup!  I'm just a little north of Grand Rapids, MI.  I'm so there!  (And ask Paul about the Great Lakes get together too!)  July sounds like a plan.

There is a dog park here in Grand Rapids...so if you want it up here I'm sure we can do a day visit or something.  Just a little ditty to keep in mind.

Nicole

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2006, 01:22:04 pm »
Paul=2dobies, yes?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2006, 01:24:08 pm »
yes!  please?

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2006, 01:35:29 pm »
Great Lakes?? Great Plan!! That would be the closest distance for me, unless we move the meeting place down here to the middle of a muddy cornfield--that's about all there is HERE!  ;D 
Yeah, July is ok as far as I know now.  I have LOTS of vacation time at work, since I've been there for like a hundred years or more, and I can take however many days I need any time I want.
So is it a definite plan in the definite works stage now??? 
ooooohhhh, I cant wait to see all you guys and your furbabies!!!   ;D 
Paul
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2006, 01:36:08 pm »

i would still be interested in driving up there (possibly),  but july is a hard month for me with family birthdays (3) so lots of weekends would be taken up.  the midwest thing i still think is a good idea for people more south, and other people willing to drive down. 
NICKI