Author Topic: Anyone else with a hard headed dog , litteraly ? LOL  (Read 7788 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else with a hard headed dog , litteraly ? LOL
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 02:49:58 pm »
Sophie does this when I go into the bathroom without her.  She tries to get the door open with her head because you know...how dare I go into the bathroom with out her!  hahaha

Sadie does this too! I guess maybe she figures I am supportive of her 'pottying' so she should be supportive of me. Good potty Momma! ;D
Sounds like you need a good girl treat, Momma.  :)

I certainly do! Whatcha got? :P
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 02:52:40 pm »
This thread is SOO funny!  I have visuals of being armed and dangerous while on the throne!!!  I've learned to run really fast to get the door closed before both Newfies get in.  Of course they 'knock' on the door constantly...

Cowboy likes to shower with me so he just pushes his way in.  The other night I was in the  shower and off in lala land mentally when a nice warm tongue licked my calf.  I just about went through the ceiling!!

HAHAHAHAHA!! It could have been worse, I've found a cold nose on the butt will get you moving in the morning, like no coffee will.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 03:04:55 pm »
Both my girls do that to me too and Kali has gotten in with me as well as Lacey who freaked out because of the water.  They give me heart attacks when they do it.  Kali will guard the door while your in the shower earning the nickname of the Guardian Demon, if she can't get in.  And you can't go to the bathroom without one or both coming with you.  Our bathroom isn't that big so trying to move around with a newf and an aussie generally requires climbing into the bathtub to get around them.  It's ridiculous.

Kali runs into walls, people, and doorjambs if they're in her way.  It never fazes her a bit either.  Oh and Lins I feel your pain Kali has popped my jaw out of place twice.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 03:09:32 pm »
Sophie does this when I go into the bathroom without her.  She tries to get the door open with her head because you know...how dare I go into the bathroom with out her!  hahaha

Sadie does this too! I guess maybe she figures I am supportive of her 'pottying' so she should be supportive of me. Good potty Momma! ;D

LOL!  A big smelly beefy stick chewy thing!  That's what I was giving the girls last night. 

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 03:22:00 pm »
Oh, my worst hard-head story (and there are many!) was when I took my puppy to the lake house after several months of growing. 

Let me back up...the lakehouse was our dogs favorite place in the world.  It belonged to a dane friend, so our dogs were not only welcome, the entire house was set up for loads of dogs to be there at once.

Anyway, my friend and I had pups from the same litter, and one of their favorite things to do was to chase each other in circles across the yard, under the part of the dock that crossed the beach, and across the other side of the yard.  They would do this for hours on end. 

So, I took them there all summer and fall, but we didn't go during the winter.  We went in October when the pups were four months old and not again until March when they were nine months old.  Well, dane pups grow a lot between four and nine months!  As you're probably already imagining, the dock didn't get any higher.  Both pups ran full speed under the dock, but OOPS!  Their heads didn't fit under any more, so CLUNK!!!  They both fell down, stood back up, shook their heads, and continued the chase.  HARD HEADS!!!

LOL!!!  What a great story!   ;D
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 03:29:08 pm »

LOL!  A big smelly beefy stick chewy thing!  That's what I was giving the girls last night. 

Ummmm...gross. No thanks :P
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Lyn

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 03:47:54 pm »
Bubba waits and pushes the bathroom door open after I've already sat down then proceeds to try and sit on my lap. There's nothing more annoying than trying to tinkle while being crushed by 100 plus pounds of dog.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 03:49:10 pm by Lyn »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 03:49:54 pm »
no kidding.  That's funny.  but not funny.  He loves you. 
Maybe this is an opportunity presenting itself.  you should try to get him to use the toilet.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2006, 04:17:01 pm »
Bear does two things very well with his big old head. One- he uses his bead to open up every door which is not always good, especially when the door is locked.  ::) Second- he is always putting the hardest part of his skull into me face somehow. I guess I don't move quickly enough because I am currently nursing a badly bruised jaw.  :o And yes, I have had my fair share of bloody lips, noses, bruised cheeks, and foreheads too.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2006, 04:50:09 pm »
Bells worst trick is the head between the legs. As she is not allowed to jump up, she seems to take great delight in greeting people, usually male, by barging into their crutch! most of the members at the clay pigeon club have experienced it at one time or another and now put their hands on Bells head when she comes to greet them, although I sometimes note a hint of evil anticipation from shoot members when they bring a guest!

Andy, Bell & Hovis
Slime flies when you're having fun!

Offline Maggie's Mom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maggie, Simon and Oscar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2006, 05:03:32 pm »
This is the funniest stuff that I've read in awhile!!! :D :D :D  You are all cracking me up!!!  Maggie does the same thing in the bathroom, follows you in and gets in the way, always resting her head on my lap...The best was when she was little and followed Wes in the bathroom, well, actually, he was in mid-pee when she walked in on him- you can imagine what happened with that one :P :o :P
Stacy, Wes, and Maggie (Great Dane)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2006, 05:25:51 pm »
I have had many bruises on my knees from Tealk and Dozer. Both of them are always plowing into me. I have also been smacked in the head with the back door as they all wait to get in. The minute you start to open the door they all charge it and wham :o
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

cricket36580

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2006, 05:58:20 pm »
Nope...Mine are angels...   ROFLMAO!!!!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2006, 10:29:34 pm »
In the dog park Einstein loves to run full throttle -- usually when he runs directly to me, he'll peel off at the last second (and I'll take a step away).  BUT NOT ALWAYS -- I have a huge purple bruise on my knee from the other day when he didn't slow down, NO BRAKES!!!, and ran right into my knee.  He fell over on the ground like that little guy on the trike from Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In (and if you're too young to know about that, ask your Mom or Grandmother).

It was pretty funny even though my knee is still sore.

This is most definitely the modus operandi of my Eider man.  He's constantly trying to attack Piper and I try to protect her (she's almost 14).  Can't tell you how many bruises I have due to him crashing into me while trying to get her. 

This thread is WAY too funny!  I confess, no dogs or kids in the BR for me but the rest hits REALLY close to home!    ::)
Daphne

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2006, 07:38:33 am »
Bells worst trick is the head between the legs. As she is not allowed to jump up, she seems to take great delight in greeting people, usually male, by barging into their crutch! most of the members at the clay pigeon club have experienced it at one time or another and now put their hands on Bells head when she comes to greet them, although I sometimes note a hint of evil anticipation from shoot members when they bring a guest!

Andy, Bell & Hovis

LOL! Both my parents dogs do this too! And they're both so tall that it always winds up badly for my brother and my dad if you know what I mean ;)
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf