Author Topic: Single Father with triplets needs to find Forever home for his English Mastiff  (Read 7309 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
This is the e mail i came home to tonight

I have not heard anything from anyone else about Jewel.  Did they call
or e-mail me? This guy is getting really anxious about getting this dog
into a good home and could meet this weekend with anyone interested in
Jewel.
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
this is what denise said her last e mail was if i have to go and get this dog i m going to need to take her to a foster home i have 3 dogs now and i m very ill i could'nt handle a 4 th at the moment marina 3/24/06

> The girl I forwarded the info to, Gina, said she was waiting to hear back
> from her friend, who was supposed to be talking to Denise at that time, and
> would let me know. Haven't heard anything back yet. Gina also stated that if
> that didn't work out, and the mastiff needed a foster situation, she would
> take her without a problem.
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
Ack.  Okay, so apparently THAT isn't going to work.   Anyone have the time/inclination to help her get to me? I can certainly foster her til a forever home is found, but I am not physically able to drive to pick her up and bring her home.   email is mblake(at)localnet.com

An afterthought- I can refer this girl to Mastiffs Unlimitted of NY and see if they have anyone waiting for a nice girl, as well.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 07:27:27 am by Imani's Mom »

Weedsport, NY

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
Marinafb- that wasn't the person I was in contact with- she IS willing to take this girl in.  I am sending her the link to jump in here and see what she can do.

Weedsport, NY

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
 ???  the person you need to get ahold of is denise she is the one i put this add on this site for she is handling this for the father i guess i am the go between . They need to find a home for jewel  ASAP please contact the e mail above and let her know yoour info.thanks marina
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline crownmastiffs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hi:  I'm Gina  :)   I would be more than happy to place this girl.  I have been in contact with a woman that has been looking for a mastiff for a pet only for about 6 months.  I would be more than happy to go get Jewel as she is only 20 minutes away from me and introduce her to the girl that is looking for a companion.  If, for whatever reason, she is not able to take her, she has a home here with me until a forever home can be found for her.  I am not here just throw her into any home that wants her...I have already checked references and the girl is actually the president of one of our local rescues.  Please someone let me know how to contact this gentleman so I can help him as soon as possible.  :)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
 ??? Thank you for this i e-mailed Denise with this infomation now she is aware of this i also gave her my phone # as soon as i find out what is going on i will let you know. You may also reach me at  idiggardening@adelphia.net
and my name is Marina they seem to really want to find a placement for jewel i m not sure what the hold up is she e mails me and tells me that he is becoming very anxious about this well they need to answer the e mails there are people that are willing to help i just don't want drive from Buffalo if there is someone local that is able to help! thank you Marina
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
I too emailed the address in the original post and have not gotten a response.  You would think if they were that desperate to get her placed, they would respnd to the emails.

Weedsport, NY

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
Update-  this guy is holding out for someone to pay him $350 for this girl, rather than letting her go to the right home.  We are waiting to see if he gives in and lets her go for less if people aren't lining up to buy her. ???

Weedsport, NY

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
 >:(  well i hate to say it but this has been ongoing since i posted this to try and help the out! All i comes down to is the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$$ first it is we have to get this dog out of here i do my best to find jewel a forever home i have been working on this for weeks only to find out the want $$$$$$$ . She has been offered only the best of homes and all he can think about is some $. Not even weighing out the factors such as this breed is not for everyone i have found 3 homes with  families that would be wonderful for jewel some of them already have english mastiffs others have been waiting to adopt.I m upset by the whole mess and the only one that is really losing is that poor pup !  Marina
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline crownmastiffs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Marina:  From what I understand, poor Jewel will "run scared if you say boo to her"  Poor breeding, not socialized, abused?  I don't know, but the plot thickens.  I will keep you all posted if I hear anything on my end.  Thanks for trying to help this girl, but sometimes the "parent" won't accept the help.   :'(

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Poor puppy!!  What a shame that there are homes available, people willing to help and the man won't let her go - I understand he has money into Jewel but I would want what is best for my dog I feel bad for Jewel :(  Sometimes people just stink!

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
OMIGOD that is disgusting!  Wonder how much he'd want for his children, should he not be able to care for them anymore either.

What is wrong with people?
Sarah

Offline crownmastiffs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
I will be picking up Jewel from this gentleman tomorrow April 20th and she will be coming to my home only for fostering and her surgical spay.  I will place her with the perfect home, when it comes along, no matter how long it takes. The original rescue had to back out, so here I come for the rescue.  Yes, I still have to pay $150 out of my own pocket to get her, but it will be soooo worth it. I want to thank everyone who has worked long and hard for this girl, but as of tomorrow, she will be here  :)

Gina

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Thank you.....thank you!!!!

I'm so glad that people like you are there to take care of our special big paws! :-* :-* :-*