Author Topic: Chester is home and he's a very sad and deflated Chester  (Read 7003 times)

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chester is home and he's a very sad and deflated Chester
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2006, 04:57:06 pm »
Anybody want a 23 year old almost-college-graduate?  He's housebroken!!! 

Do I have to marry him, or can I just adopt him?  And does he come with Newf priveleges?

I don't really need a husband, but the 26 year old that I acquired when he was 17 and who still calls me Mom could use a non-genetic, housebroken younger brother, I think.   ;)

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2006, 06:28:00 pm »
Hey, I'm in civil and environmental engineering only 3 more years for me....yay!!!!

Give him this link he'll likely appreciate it...
http://www.gdargaud.net/Humor/Engineer.html

I read it and laughed like mad!  I have a son as an engineer but am also the daughter of an engineer so I KNOW how weird they are.  He's in mechanical engineering and in the process of interviewing for jobs.  Once he's self supporting take him away! ;)

Uh oh!  I had too much fun with that link!  My kids were asking why I was laughing so evilly.  Trained as a mathematician, worked as a nuclear probabilistic safety assessment engineer for many years.  When I tutor kids in math, they don't appreciate how much I enjoy math.  I mean, I REALLY enjoy math.  It's sick, I know. 
You are so lucky!!  The math gene skipped my generation and land in Ryan's head.  He had one of his engineering friends here to stay over break and I came out one morning to yellow pads filled with equations.  Other guys get drunk!! ::)

Does he do housework?  uh huh....he's an engineer and things have to be somewhat orderly.

Do I have to marry him, or can I just adopt him?  And does he come with Newf priveleges?

Hmmm.  Either you'd be my daughter-in-law or ???  And of course he comes with Newf priviliges.... he's the only one of the kids who's taken care of Cowboy during a seizure...and we're talking rectal valium!!  Now THAT'S a REAL man!! :D :D

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 07:59:14 pm »
Either you'd be my daughter-in-law or  ???

You know, that's a good question. Rob's parents don't talk to me.  :D

I'm pretty sure they think I stole their kid.  I don't know why they object--he didn't get anyone pregnant like his brother, he's had a full time job ever since he graduated, (none of his sibs have had a job longer than 4 months!) and goes go school as he can on top of that, he just got a NEW management training job for the Gap that's already paying him a hundred bucks a week more than he was making at Disney, he pays his bills, he pays HIS PARENTS bills half the time, and the other half the time he's paying his brother's or his sister's bills--

I don't know why they think it's a bad thing that I stole him!  ;D ;D

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2006, 08:03:43 pm »
I don't know why they think it's a bad thing that I stole him!

Hahahaha!!  Sounds like he was d*mn*d lucky!  You liberated him!!! ;)