Author Topic: Female Mastiff in high kill shelter!!!!  (Read 6834 times)

Nicole

Re: Female Mastiff in high kill shelter!!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 07:14:53 am »
Ok, well keep us posted!

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 10:56:46 am »
I wish I had seen this earlier.  Has anyone contacted FORM?  Is the reserve for an adoptive home through the shelter?  If so, I would really much rather see her go into rescue, as they could temperament test her and prepare the new family for all things particular to mastiffs.  If I didn't have two recovering from surgery right now, I would foster her in a heartbeat.

Weedsport, NY

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 04:56:49 pm »
i called to see about that reserve but got that stinking recording again!!! FORM gave me a recording too, but i think they will call back. I don't know about cats/small dogs, and i doubt the shelter is gonna temp test her. I don't even know if i am able to pull her w/ the knowledge that i will be rehomeing her right away. i will call tomorrow and see if it's legal.   :-\ so if the ppl holding her now fall through, do we have a home??? i am just unsure about cats/other dogs. are your pyrs/smalls dogs male or female and are they dominant or submissive? mastiffs are not dogs with tons of prey drive, and are usually pretty laid back, so unless she wants to make a lier out of me, it sounds like the makings of a happy home.  :)

Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline mamadoglewis

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 04:52:10 am »
Our two Pyrs are neutered males, the poodle mixes are spayed females and the cats are one of each. The two boys are brothers and constantly vying for dominance although Beau is currently the alpha and has been that way for a while. They will be two years old in December and are starting to get more laid back. The poodle mixes will be six in December. The larger one (13 lbs.) is laid back and goes with the flow, the smaller one (9 lbs.) is very jealous of me and my husband and attacks the Pyrs anytime she is in our lap and they come up to be petted. So far they just look at her like she is nuts which probably is a pretty good assessment. Let me know what you think and what we need to do.

Thanks,
Anita