Author Topic: Funniest Canadian Commercial - Nissan X-Trail (Newfoundland)  (Read 1587 times)

k2campbell

Funniest Canadian Commercial - Nissan X-Trail (Newfoundland)
« on: September 09, 2006, 07:49:10 am »
I hope this commercial doesn't offend anyone from Newfoundland, but I almost peed my pants the first time I saw it on TV.  Eric is from PEI so I can totally relate... ;)

LOVE IT!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m-y-qAbpL0

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest Canadian Commercial - Nissan X-Trail (Newfoundland)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 10:48:14 am »
I seen the commercial a few days ago and totally appreciated its humour. It is causing somewhat of a buzz here on the rock, with some offended, some who like it and others who do not think it is funny. Oh well, we are a sensitive bunch when it comes to our unique culture. We have been bashed by the mainland press so much that we are beginning to think that everything is an attempt to put us down. I love the ad, and can totally see the humour. The Newfie accent is a bit over the top though, but that is what makes it funny for me.

The Newfie with the Newf.

k2campbell

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 12:09:48 pm »
I seen the commercial a few days ago and totally appreciated its humour. It is causing somewhat of a buzz here on the rock, with some offended, some who like it and others who do not think it is funny. Oh well, we are a sensitive bunch when it comes to our unique culture. We have been bashed by the mainland press so much that we are beginning to think that everything is an attempt to put us down. I love the ad, and can totally see the humour. The Newfie accent is a bit over the top though, but that is what makes it funny for me.

The Newfie with the Newf.

I totally agree with you, with the accent being over the top.  Same thing goes in PEI too, about being sensitive when it comes to their unique culture, which I completely understand (and support).  I just think of it this way - those who bash other's cultures are just jealous that their culture/backgrounds aren't half as cool - let alone FUN!  There's no funner place to me than the Maritimes, they truly are my 2nd home ;)

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 01:09:56 pm »
I laughed so hard at this commercial -- accent is a bit over the top but thought of my family -- "Mudder" and "Lord Thunderin'"

Wonder what made Nissan do a Bonavista edition?!