Author Topic: Akita  (Read 16845 times)

Offline macaco67

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Akita
« on: March 16, 2005, 03:58:32 pm »
 ::)Hey there. I'm a new owner of a 15 week old Akita/Border Collie mix puppy. He is great! I'm a first time dog owner, but have him in puppy school and he is being socialized as much as possible.  We interact with other dogs at least once a day. We live in the city, so interacting with kids, people and dogs is super easy.
Any advice and chat is appreciated.

Offline raaleppo

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Raaleppo Saint Bernards
Re: Akita
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 07:52:09 pm »
It sounds as if you are allready on the right track with what you are doing
Keep it up
Ann Oppelaar

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 09:30:16 pm »
It sounds like you're off to a good start! It seems like you really love him. Do you have any close up pictures? He sure looks like a cutie!

Offline AKITA1

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 06:02:47 am »
You are doing great with him and he looks like such a cutie! I also have my puppy in classes and we are having so much fun with it .
         :)
wendy stevens

Offline steph

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Naru Akitas
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 12:30:54 pm »
awwll he is a cutie! Just keep him socialized and stick to the training, and most of all, have FUN! :o) Keep us posted with pics, too - cute puppy pics *always* welcome, LOL...

Steph

Steph
Ecco ^..^_@ & Tom, CGC ^..^_@

Offline Joji

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 07:45:06 am »
Just a hello from Joji, an 11-month-old Akita, and her mom. We're looking forward to sharing stories about Akita life and fun.
- Teresa
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. -Phil Pastoret

Offline petography

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Doherty Digital Photography
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 09:57:54 pm »
Hi,
I have a 4mo old puppy that looks like your dog.  They told me her mom was a purebred Akita and they thought she bred with a lab, but she looks like your pup-what do you think.  How big did they they tell you yours would get?  Mine should be 70lbs-she is 32 right now and growing!!
Sheila

Offline oneway

• Gnawer
  • My Kuma
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 12:56:34 pm »
My sweet Kuma...

Offline SadiesMom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 01:07:36 pm »
I have an almost 5 month old pup which looks like yours and was labeled an Akita mix as well. Her ears are standing up now and her tail curls over a bit. :) Cute as anything.

Offline Janisjin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Photos of Toku & Logan
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 06:51:07 pm »
petography: that is the cutest looking akita mix I have ever seen! My other akita is a mix but I adopted him at 8 months so I don't know what he looks like as a puppy, but yours is adorable!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"
-- Unknown

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 03:20:34 pm »
wow, Thor's coat is so long, I've never seen an akita with such a long coat.  Does he ever get mistaken for a chow?

Offline thorthugglesworth@

• Gnawer
  • Thor Thugglesworth
    • View Profile
    • Hustleware Clothing coming soon!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 02:24:46 am »
All the time! Husky too. Longoated Akitas are not that uncommon, and they generally cost less as it is an "undesirable" trait in the arbitrary show ring.
Vagabond, baby. I kicks that raw, boy. Rappers get stole on like the Pistons' ball boy...... Barack in '08!