Author Topic: Has anyone tried the Canine Cooler Bed?  (Read 6041 times)

Yaz

Has anyone tried the Canine Cooler Bed?
« on: June 02, 2005, 07:01:47 pm »
Hi everyone;
I just ordered the canine cooler bedhttp://www.epinions.com/pets-Dogs-Furniture-Beds-All-Canine_Cooler_Thermoregulating_Pet_Bed/display_~reviews for Guinness, our Saint Bernard pup. The warm weather has just started hitting us up here in Ontario, Canada and I find that he's drinking and panting a tonne.As you can see from the picture he literally will sleep with his head in his water bowl!  I read quite a couple of reviews online from big dog owners who are pleased with this bed's ability to reduce panting in their dog, but I was wondering if anyone hear has tried out the bed. I'll definitely post a review of the bed once Guinness has tried it out.

nickerbokker

Re: Has anyone tried the Canine Cooler Bed?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 07:19:15 pm »
i haven't, but i was thinking about one for each of my boys.  LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE IT....

that picture is PRICELESS!  what a big boy he is getting to be!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 07:47:52 pm »
We are planning on ordering one soon too so let us know how it works out.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 08:16:25 pm »
I almost ordered one last year but didn't end up getting it - now that winter is over, I was thinking about it again. I would deffinately love to see a review too  :)
RIP former BPO

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 08:22:11 pm »
We bought a similar one from PetsMart and it works very well the only thing is my puppy already put a hole in hers, and her paws are not that sharp. We patched the hole and she loves it. It took a little while to get use to but now she will lay on it and play or sleep. I even laid on it when we got it to try to get her to use it. We have had it for almost a week and it is still cold.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 09:04:33 pm »
I have not tried them, they look and sound very comfy though. I was wondering, do I need one??? I mean when and where are you all planning on using them??? It seems like we always tend to have the temp. set for no higher than max 75 in here, and a lot of the time hubby brings it down to 70. The dogs never seem to be hot in here, when they are outside THAT is a different thing, they huff and puff and pant and drink, but as soon as they have had enough, they come back in and confisticate the cold air, by sitting or laying on the vents.

Am I "blocked" in my way of thinking???? Would the dogs use one here, what do you think???

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 10:58:10 pm »
How big are these things?  I think I would probably need two ???  My luck, I'd buy two and Leo wouldn't go near them!

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 05:19:17 am »
We have the large one, which is the biggest, and if she stretches out she is almost covering it length wise, it stays in the living room or in our bedroom depending on how hot it was that day, today we are looking at upper 70s and 80s tomorrow, so we will be sleeping on it. I wish they made a giant one because I know that as soon as she gets her size in she probably won't fit on it all the way. I will take the measurements today when I get home from work and let you know, well going to be late again, talk to you guys later.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 07:43:28 am »
I'm afraid to buy anything too expensive because I know one of my guys will eat it, chew it, and completly destroy it.  I keep my guys in the house, in their room when I am not home and I don't think they get too hot.  When they are outside and get hot they find shade.  In Cincinnati is doesn't get extremely hot in the summer though.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

dohertyswissy

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 08:53:03 am »
I've never seen one of those before!!  Please let us know how it works out.  It gets really hot here in NC, and we travel to the beach often, so this may be a good solution for Ranger when he's outside with us. 

Heather

Offline lburrell

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 09:00:34 am »
I don't have one, but have heard good things about them.  To Marit:  if you have AC, I don't think  you would need one for inside.  I know some people who have AC inside, have a canine cooler for outside if their pooches like/need to spend time outdoors.

I also think they have a warranty, cause I have heard of people getting replacement ones if they break.  Maybe only a certain company does that...I am not sure.  Worth checking into.

Lori

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 07:49:58 pm »
Hi heather, I live in Charlotte, so I know what you mean. It is so humid here. They sell them at PetsMart I believe ours was $80, but it was worth it especially tonight, we even have the ac on and when she comes in from going outside she gets water and lies on it. I am going to call the company and see if they have anything bigger than the large for when Tonka gets bigger.

Offline 4everblu

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lord help me be the person my dog thinks I am.
    • View Profile
    • The Spotted Dog
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 10:25:51 pm »
My neighbors' Golden has one she LOVES IT!
Did you know you can easily make your own for a fraction of the cost?[/color]
I have the instructions here somewhere.  I think they are on my old computer.  I'll look tomorrow.
You make them out of those lil' crystals that are used in gardening.  They are sold in home and garden stores to help keep the dirt in your flower pots moist.  ~like the stuff in disposable diapers.

If you do decide to order one from a store, I reccomend "PetEdge"  I think they have the best prices...  Their largest mat is only 63.99 and small one 29.99. http://www.petedge.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=887&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=0&iSubCat=0&iSubSubCat=0&iProductID=887&AS=1

« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 10:51:09 pm by 4everblu »
Please Visit "The Spotted Dog" for  Personalized Doggie signatures and graphics.  http://forums.delphiforums.com/ourdogs/start