Author Topic: 'Someone' Destroyed My Flower Bed!  (Read 1597 times)

doggylover

'Someone' Destroyed My Flower Bed!
« on: May 15, 2006, 12:56:04 am »
A week ago, I dumped 3 huge bags of potting soil into a planter next to the house.  It isn't really a 'planter' its an area between our brick house and these railroad boards that create a long narrow bed that is perfect for planting flowers.  It is right under my kitchen window, and gets perfect sunlight.  Last year, it was my pride and joy. 
I dumped the soil in and swept the area up.  I was planning to go to home depot this weekend and enjoy planting flowers there on Mother's day. 
The day after I preped the area, it was all dug up, soil was everywhere.  Since Badger has never dug anywhere in the yard, I mean ever ever, I assumed it was some unknown animal, maybe a feral cat or a racoon.  I swept it back up and figured it was a fluke.  Same thing happened three days in a row.  Finally on the fourth day, I tip toed outside and what did I find?  Badger, Mr. Perfect, never digs in the yard, splayed out, in what was now a soft bed for him, snoring in the sun, his head resting on the railroad board...soil EVERYWHERE. 
I didn't even bother yelling at him...I just decided to let him have this one thing, he looked so darn cute. 

Kiahpyr

Re: 'Someone' Destroyed My Flower Bed!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 06:43:13 am »
HAHAHA!!! He just wanted a nice comfy spot to lay in the sun! Did you get a picture?

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 10:55:43 am »
HAHAHA!!! He just wanted a nice comfy spot to lay in the sun! Did you get a picture?
No, lol I was afraid that if I snapped a pic, he would know that I knew he was there and he would feel like I condoned it.  I kind of wanted to wait a week and make sure I really wanted to give him that spot before letting him think it's his.  This way, if I decide I don't want him taking over my planters, I can go yell at him and he won't do it anymore.   ;D ;D
If I decide to permanantly relent, I will get a pic!  It is really pretty hilarious. 

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 03:57:41 pm »
Yesterday, of course it had to be on Mother's Day!, Mom had her favorite flowers in a pot hanging from the roof, like in a basket. It must be at least 6 feet high! We came home from lunch, and guess what. They were not there! Zoey somehow must have jumped 6 feet into the air, pulled the hook clean out of the roof, and took off with the flowers. Mom is not so happy. Bad dogs!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 04:20:02 pm »
LOLOL you know we are too enamored of our pets when they can do crap like this and we think its adorable...
 ;D ;D ;D ;D