Author Topic: Cesco attacked me :-(  (Read 18517 times)

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Cesco attacked me :-(
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 06:26:27 pm »
You all are so wonderfull. I am going to the vet tomorrow and going to ask her a few questions. I have aleady started printing out articles Rebekkah and Red have sent me, they are lifesavers! I think I am going to head to the hospital tomorrow. I thought I would get feeling back in my middle finger by now, but it still feels like the whole thing is pins and needles and it is the size of a sausage. Has anyone had this happen before? Will the feeling come back soon?
I have started retraining Cesco already, I juat pray that when I leave for the summer my mom can keep it up. She is a real mushball, but when she saw Cesco attack her last night, she was crying in pain and fear for me! She has been really good today following the new rules I have learned about. I am really trying to follow NILIF. My dad still thinks Cesco is 'too dangerous" and really wants to get rid of him, so that makes me want to try harder to make everything ok! I don't know what I would do without the support of each and every one of you, I hope someday, I can be this helpfull to someone!!! Please keep your fingers crossed (and out of your dog's mouth) for me!!  ;)

I didn't realize that you weren't going to be around this summer to follow through on any training and behavior modification that needs to be done on Cesco.

IMO, it's not fair to leave this situation in the hands of one person that is afraid of the dog, and another person who doesn't appear to be interested in keeping the dog.

Cesco's problems are not going to be "cured" in a week, or even a month.  This will have to be a lifetime commitment that the entire family will have to endure.

Have you made an appointment at the vet yet?  Have you called the behaviorist?

I cannot stress enough how serious this situation is, and you need to be proactive NOW in dealing with it.

I apologize if this post is harsh, but at this point I am more worried about you and your family's health, safely and welfare than I am about hurting feelings.

Unfortunatly I am a poor college student, so I need to leave for the summer to work. I do not want to leave Cesco, as I am sure you would not want to leave your dogs. But, I don't really have a choice. I know this is a serious situation, trust me I do. My mother is not afraid of Cesco, but knows that if she gets bit in her right arm, it is a life threatening situation. She had massive cancer surgery 2 years ago, and her immune system is very weak as a result. Please do not assume that she does not want to help. She loves Cesco very, very much, and she is willing to do whatever it takes, as am I. My father, rightfully so, did not want Cesco around in the first place because my brother dropped him off to my mom when he was a year old, behaviour problems and all. My parents already had 3 dogs, and 2 cats, plus with my mom being sick, another large dog was a lot to handle. But out of the kindness of my mom's heart, she took Cesco in with open arms. Yes, I do have a vet's appointment at 4pm tomorrow afternoon, actually, and Rebekkah and Red were both kind enough to send me some excellent information from their behaviorists that has been more than helpfull. I am so lucky to have such wonderfull people in my life as my fellow BPO members. I am sorry if I have caused you to feel the need to be harsh, I hope this response has satisfied your concerns.
True love is being gone all day, and coming home to a dog who licks your face.

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
    • Mickey's Gold Bead Adventure
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 08:22:45 pm »
Unfortunatly I am a poor college student, so I need to leave for the summer to work. I do not want to leave Cesco, as I am sure you would not want to leave your dogs. But, I don't really have a choice. I know this is a serious situation, trust me I do. My mother is not afraid of Cesco, but knows that if she gets bit in her right arm, it is a life threatening situation. She had massive cancer surgery 2 years ago, and her immune system is very weak as a result. Please do not assume that she does not want to help. She loves Cesco very, very much, and she is willing to do whatever it takes, as am I. My father, rightfully so, did not want Cesco around in the first place because my brother dropped him off to my mom when he was a year old, behaviour problems and all. My parents already had 3 dogs, and 2 cats, plus with my mom being sick, another large dog was a lot to handle. But out of the kindness of my mom's heart, she took Cesco in with open arms. Yes, I do have a vet's appointment at 4pm tomorrow afternoon, actually, and Rebekkah and Red were both kind enough to send me some excellent information from their behaviorists that has been more than helpfull. I am so lucky to have such wonderfull people in my life as my fellow BPO members. I am sorry if I have caused you to feel the need to be harsh, I hope this response has satisfied your concerns.

Actually, I am more concerned than ever.  You're mom's life is in danger if this dog bites her, say that out loud to yourself a few times.

Belive me, I LOVE my boys more than life itself.  But if I were to be in your situation, that dog would have to be rehomed, either alone, or me with him. 

I have no doubt that you love Cesco, that is very evident in your post.  And I admire your wanting to help him, that is truly wonderful.  But it concerns me that your mom's health and possibly LIFE is at risk!

-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2006, 12:29:56 pm »
Anyway, Cesco's vet appt is today, keep your fingers crossed for me guys! I get to take him, my two cats, and my mom's yorkie all at once. This should be a fun trip! Lol

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2006, 12:57:54 pm »
Anyway, Cesco's vet appt is today, keep your fingers crossed for me guys! I get to take him, my two cats, and my mom's yorkie all at once. This should be a fun trip! Lol
Yeah, good luck with that! :D lol!...Sounds like you'll have your hands full at the appointment!...Let us know what the vet says about Cesco! :)

doggylover

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 01:58:16 pm »
Hang in there...this must be really hard on you.  We are all rooting for you!!
Ronda ;)

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2006, 10:06:36 pm »
Allright, so Cesco had his second vet visit in two weeks today. They did his anal glands again, and said hhe needs to come in every two weeks to get them done. I talked to her about his behaviour and she explained to me why she is a strong believer in NILIF. She basically told me all the same things that I have learned from you all. She could have been reading directly from the article Rebekkah sent me! She gave me some really usefull information. SHe also said she has met with many different behaviourists, and the best program she believes by far is the NILIF. She said she wouldn't waste the money seeing one for Cesco, but instead try following that program first. She said she believes he is a really good dog, but he has just been spoiled, and needs to be retrained. So, I guess that is what we will do! Everyone has really been pitching in around the house. When my mom and I got home tonight from grocery shopping, my dad even had Cesco inside with him watching tv! He has never spent much time with Cesco, so we were both in shock! His response was, "since you both have decided to start treating Cesco like a dog instead of a super human, I have decided to participate." LOL. All in all, I think this has been a learning experience, and I am praying that with some hard work and dedication, this will work out! Again, thank you to everyone who has been so supportive, and so helpfull, it means the world to me...and Cesco  ;)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2006, 10:21:20 pm »
That is GREAT NEWS!!!!!! :D
YAY! I am so happy to hear that.

You be a good boy now, Cesco!!!! :-* :-* :-*

I wish you guys the best for sure! Keep us updated! I hope your hand is feeling better! Give that pooch a pat on the head from me! (but not until he sits first!) ;) ;D

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2006, 08:21:05 am »
His response was, "since you both have decided to start treating Cesco like a dog instead of a super human, I have decided to participate."

I think Father Knows Best.
Sarah

ibenu

ours is quiet alpha
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2006, 11:12:00 am »
Hope it all worked out:)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 12:30:11 pm by ibenu »