Author Topic: 2 Free Dane pups in Atlanta on Craigslist  (Read 3506 times)

Offline jessicanparker

• Ankle Biter
  • Skuy & Ivy - the first meeting!
    • View Profile
2 Free Dane pups in Atlanta on Craigslist
« on: May 16, 2006, 09:09:55 am »
Had to post this one. One Harl and one brindle (per the ad). Brother & sisterĀ  pups. Super cute babies being given away b/c owner is moving. Ad says 11mos, but that's all wrong. These would be the tiniest 11mo old Danes ever. Here's the link.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/zip/161001620.html

Here are the pups!

Kiahpyr

Re: 2 Free Dane pups in Atlanta on Craigslist
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 11:44:20 am »
Poor babies! Hope they'll find wonderful homes! You're right 11 months looks very wrong. It could be an old picture or the poster could have meant 11 weeks. ???

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 12:52:27 pm »
His ad says he's relocating to NYC.  Why do both pups need to go to the same home?  Sound suspicious.

They are adorable, though.
Sarah

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 01:18:16 pm »
Why do both pups need to go to the same home? Sound suspicious.

I don't really think it's suspicious for them to want both pups to go to the same home, since they are brother and sister and have already bonded together. If I had to pups that loved each other and for some reason had to rehome them, I would want them to get to stay together too.
RIP former BPO

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 01:22:55 pm »
Why do both pups need to go to the same home? Sound suspicious.

I don't really think it's suspicious for them to want both pups to go to the same home, since they are brother and sister and have already bonded together. If I had to pups that loved each other and for some reason had to rehome them, I would want them to get to stay together too.

Great danes?  They're so young I wonder how bonded they are.  I would think with a dog that potentially-large, having them go to different homes wouldn't be such a stretch. 

My first thought was that with all I've heard about unscrupulous breeders, this is someone trying to get rid of a couple of unwanted pups.   But I guess if it was REALLY an unscrupulous breeder, they'd be asking an arm and a leg for each one and denying there are any genetic problems, if there are.

Sorry, my cynic pops through sometimes before I realize what I'm saying.

Sarah

Offline jaspers mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 05:00:38 pm »
The posting has been removed by the craigs list community.  What does that mean?