Author Topic: Mz Marvel found her forever home  (Read 3042 times)

Offline fatfutures

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Mz Marvel found her forever home
« on: May 17, 2006, 10:05:24 am »

I took Marvel to meet a nice family yesterday. And, they think she is PERFECT for them. They have a 2 yr old male harl and an 8 year old daughter. I can see it now... That girl will have Marvel all dressed up in no time. And, Marvel will be loving it. I think pretty Mz Marvel and that beautiful little girl are going to be the best of friends.

I had Marvel too long. I became TOO attached. She's SO sweet and mild mannered (except when wrestling with the boys). She was trying at times, not intentionaly, with her docked tail, busted stitches, stomach/intestinal infection and explosive poo. But, all that just gave me more reason to care for and baby her.

I love you Marvel... I'll miss you sweet girl!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Mz Marvel found her forever home
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:17:32 am »
Mz Marvel is a very lucky dog - A loving foster Mom and a great Forever home!!  I give you so much credit to care for them and then let them go!

Great job!

Randy & Harley

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:19:58 am »
Mz Marvel is a very lucky dog - A loving foster Mom and a great Forever home!!  I give you so much credit to care for them and then let them go!

Great job!

Randy & Harley

I second that and applaud you!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 11:36:07 am »
That is so awesome!  It helps to know that the new home is so great.  Now you need to dive in and take another foster on to keep busy! :D
Daphne

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 04:54:48 pm »
Is Marvel close by so you can visit?  You are so wonderful to take on that job...and then let her go!  Amazing! You are the best!!! :)

doggylover

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 05:25:29 pm »
You are wonderful.  You saved that dog's life and broke your own heart so he could have a wonderful forever home.  Consider yourself BPO hugged!!!
Ronda

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 06:52:10 pm »
Marvel is beautiful!  I'm sure that you will miss her, but she's going to a perfect home! :) :)
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 08:35:31 pm »
Marvel is one lucky dog in all respects.  She had an awesome foster home and foster parents who loved her enough to ensure she is going to a great forever home.  You have given her an incredible gift - her life.  I'm in awe of your ability to foster.  Thank you!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 10:43:11 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

What a lucky dog! she is super cute and i m sure she will get lots of hugggggsss and kissessssss from her forever home!!!!
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline fatfutures

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 06:38:25 am »
As Tina said, it's been a very bitter sweet experience. I'm so thankful that we are able to help these amazing critters. I'm even more thankful that Marvel has gone to a wonderful home!

I still get all weepy when I think about her  :'(

We are having to take a break from fostering right now (hate that). We have 2 graduations coming up (both over 250 miles away) and my daughters sweet 16 the first week of June. And, then 6 days at the lake for July 4th. Plus, we are doing some work on the house (FINALLY). But, once we get back from the lake, we'll be bringing another Dane into our home. To love and care for until he/she finds a forever home.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support.