Author Topic: Hi, Newbie from Alaska  (Read 5191 times)

Offline mrbearsmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hi, Newbie from Alaska
« on: May 18, 2006, 01:02:35 am »
Hi everyone!
I'm Tammy and just found this site.  I'm from Alaska (for now, lol).  I'm an army wife so we'll live here until we are told to move on.  My husband and I have to girls and our dog Bear who is a Newfoundland we rescued from the pound.  We've had Bear for 2 years now and can't imagine our life without his big slobbery face!  I look forward to getting to know you all!
Tammy ;D

cricket36580

Re: Hi, Newbie from Alaska
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 05:45:37 am »
Welcome!!  I'm Abby I'm currently in servitude to Baloo, a great pyr, and Bella and Foster, 2 mismarked mantle danes.  I'm in south AL and I'll think about you while I'm lounging on the beach...   ;D 

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 06:41:32 am »
Hi and Welcome!! I'm Erin and my brother Tim (Tspanos) also posts on the boards. We're from Southeastern CT.  We have a newf named Kalamity(Kali) and an aussie Lacey.  Be forewarned this site is very addicting.  I'm looking forward to hearing about Bear!!!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 09:26:52 am »
Hi Tammy ! I'm Amy and owned by a Newfie , a Pound Puppy ( Newfie cross ) and a lil' Miniature Schnauzer as well as a ton of other critters ... I live in South Dakota now but I lived in the Wasilla / Palmer area of Alaska for three years ! My Dad was in the Air Force .... Army , are you closer to Fairbanks ?
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline mrbearsmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 10:33:54 am »
Thank you for the warm welcome!
We live in Eagle River which is just north of Anchorage.  My husband is stationed at Ft. Richardson.
Tammy

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 12:04:25 pm »
I miss AK so much ! I used to love going to Hatchers Pass to hike or ski .... But I couldn't have my horses up there so I don't mind being back in the "lesser 48" again  ;)
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 01:07:07 pm »
Welcome! I'm Marissa from Kansas. I'm mom to Dolly a Saint Bernard and Zoey and Alaskan Malamute. Glad to have you here! Enjoy yourself! You will never want to leave this site, believe me!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 01:59:03 pm »
Welcome to BPO.  I'm Mel.  Mom to Dazy, a 10 month old Giant Schnauzer and Ladybug, a 4 year old Mini Schnauzer. 

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 12:19:11 pm »
Hi and welcome aboard.  I'm new here too but I have decided that i LOVE these people.  Great advice and kind hearts make for a good community.

BUT - WE NEED PICTURES!  :D
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline Arvay

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • House o Vermin
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 03:09:04 pm »
Hi there! Whereabouts in Alaska are you? I am moving to Fairbanks this Summer, and would appreciate a vet recommendation, if you don't mind.

I am SO jealous that you have a newf! I want a giant drooly hugmonster! As it is, I am waiting to move before I can start scouting through the shelters and humane societies for my furry beastie. I can't wait!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved piece, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - -

'WOW-WHAT A RIDE!'"

--Unknown

doggylover

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 10:51:04 pm »
Welcome to BPO!  I am Ronda, and my avatar is a puppy pic of our Rotty named Badger!  We have a new bullmastiff PUPPY on the way, and we have no life other than dog related stuff! 
You will love it here, everyone is really supportive, positive and very knowledgable!
 ;)

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 09:40:08 am »
Welcome Tammy and Mr. Bear --

I'm Sarah, and my sweet boy is Einstein, a South Russian Sheepdog (pound puppy).  We're in Houston, Texas and when I saw you're in Alaska, I thought maybe we should come visit!  Just kidding, of course.

Sarah

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 07:41:16 pm »
Welcome Tammy and Bear! You will love it here :)
RIP former BPO