Author Topic: Appointment is Made for Barkley  (Read 18483 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Appointment is Made for Barkley
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2006, 10:48:30 pm »
I am so darn sorry!...We all knew this sad day was coming but I just wish it wasn't today. :'( I will be thinking about you, your hubby & Barkley tonight around that time...We are having a bonfire & I'm gonna throw in a package of sparklers in honor of Barkley's life & I will say a prayer for his peaceful passing...God Speed Barkley!...You touched so many of us here at BPO...The world is a much better place because you loped through it!...Your big paws have left footprints in all of our hearts.
We not only threw sparklers on the fire...I had my friend bring over some Roman Candles & we shot them to the Heavens!!!...In Iowa, we celebrated Barkely's life in style for him! ;D :-* & after the fireworks were done my family & every guest here had a full minute of silence for Barkley...I know Barkely barked the bark of happiness when the fireworks went off & felt our love when we quietly mourned him...Here in Iowa Barkely knows it was a good thing. :)

Blair

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2006, 12:06:14 am »
 :'( I am so sorry. I will light a very special candle for yuor special boy.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2006, 04:44:22 am »
oh my goodesss... just like everyone else let me just wipe away my tears... what an amazing mom you've been to barkley.. he was a VERY lucky pup..
i do have to say.. last night, i went outside to let fumble out, and before i could even look up, i saw this star glimmering through the trees, and when i say it was glimmering, it was shining.  then i looked up and there were no other stars in the sky... here in new england, barkley was letting us know that he shined bright down here and now he's shining even brighter in heaven. 

our thoughts and prayers are with you during this hard time.  fumble sends more hugs and kisses.  i send human hugs (those big bear ones, tight that just don't let go)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 04:46:38 am by Fumble »
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2006, 06:09:17 am »
I'm so sorry to hear abour Barkley, but rest assured our Big Clyde was there to meet him at the bridge.
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2006, 06:37:49 am »
With tears in my eyes, I am sorry to hear about Barkley, just know that you were the one that loved him and gave him the life he had. He will remember that. We will light a candle for him tonight.

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2006, 10:19:32 am »
 :'(  Words fail to express how sorry I am that this happened.  I hope you can find peace and comfort right now.  You did your best for Barkley.  My thoughts are with you.
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2006, 06:01:07 pm »
Thank you so much for sharing your last moments with your sweet Barkley. I feel as if I knew him through all of your posts. My heart breaks for you & your family and I honestly can't stop my tears. You continue in my prayers!

Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

kristi

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2006, 06:20:08 pm »
Words can not express the sadness & pain... I have been there myself...  :'(
Just remember the special times you shared & know that your love & kindness will stay with him forever...
Sampson & I send our love & prayers to you & your family.
-kristi.

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2006, 07:38:42 am »
Peace, Barkley. 
Sarah

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2006, 08:19:52 am »
Sandy... Thank you so much for sharing Barkley us - he was an amazing pup and will forever live on in all of us. The tears rolled while reading the posts leading up to his crossing and I knew I would boo-hoo when reading your post of Barkley's final moments - but I also knew I had to read it, for Barkley... and oh yes the tears flowed... but it was beautiful what you did for your special boy - his crossing was tender, compassionate and full of love! I have yet to face what you have... but I have a senior pup... and although Blu is healthy and vital now - I know one day I will face that same difficult decision... and will remember the strength and courage you displayed in the name of love for your Barkley!