Author Topic: What breed is your husband?  (Read 20703 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: What breed is your husband?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2005, 02:24:29 pm »
Thats okay Stella  ;D Galahads breeder has cairn terriers too, and says they are super good companions to the OEM's hehe So even if you dont have big paws yourself you are a super friend to the ones with.......

To something totally different, Stella..... Are you the one, who ones posted about you and your hubby playing pool????? My hubby is playing on tuesdays in a tournament (APA) and I am a total retard when it comes to pool, but he is trying to teach me, I have one problem (well several actually hehe) but one that has to do with me 5'2" I am too short, and have too big boobs, I can not reach over the table, and when I try they are in the way. Are you tall and how do you manage to play if you are. last night we went to a child friendly place with the kids and played some pool. And after the comments my husband had, I have decided to practice, get my own table here at home, and beat his a..... So now I need help  ::)

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

dohertyswissy

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2005, 03:01:10 pm »
Hey Marit - I play pool with my hubby in APA on Thursday nights and I'm 5'2" as well!  I don't have the boob issue, but I definitely have the vertical challenge element!  I'd be happy to give you some tips!!  We actually have a pool table in our house and it helps tremendously!  Of course, hubby is still better than me...ARGH!!!  But, I'm working on it and I do kick his butt from time to time!

Being short, you've got to use the bridge.  Now all the boys and tall people will poo-poo using the bridge b/c it is unmanly or untally or something.  But I say PISH POSH!  It is the only way that you can reach a lot of shots that are at the other end of the table.  It also helps b/c it is totally stable, so no chance of your hand wobbling and hitting in the complete wrong spot on the ball! 

The MAIN thing I focused on when I was first learning to play was simply shot execution.  Don't worry about where the cue ball is going to end up after the shot FOR NOW.   ;)  First, look at your object ball.  Determine where you would need to hit if for it to go in the pocket.  Then, come around to the cue ball and figure out where you need to hit the cue ball for the object ball to go in.  Make sure that you keep your head down and follow the shot all the way through.  When I was first learning, I had a tendency to knock the snot out of the ball and alot of times it'll throw your shot all off!  So, just take it slow and take your time (no matter if the hubby is complaining)! 

Oh, and my favorite trick - look confident, even if you the person you are playing is better than you!  Pool is a mental game, so since you are such a hot mama you are probably all in their head anyhow!!  ;)

Anytime you need anymore pool tips, let me know.  I LOVE TO PLAY POOL!! 

Heather

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2005, 03:13:24 pm »
Thanks a lot Heather  :D I have to tell you though, that I am not even in the same universe as your level of playing  ;D you talk about thinking about where the "white ball" goes after it hits the (colored ball)  ::) THAT is like way way over my level right now hehe, I am still trying to figure out where to hit the balls, so they go where I want them to. I am a total beginner, but I can not stand it when hubby who is very much into pool, dart, golf, fishing and is good at it. Comment about women playing pool....... he is kidding but still, it really pushes all the wrong (or right) buttons, so I think I told him last night, that if he just waited Id be the first "7" female in this area  ;D Okay since I am not even a member in APA, never have played a serious game, I think I may just have made a little boo boo hehe. But I will get a table and at least kick his a.... once in awhile. And I am soooo glad to have you, you are short like me (oops vertically challanged I mean  :P) so you have the same issues I do, and since you are way way way ahead of me, you'll probably end up with one million silly questions  :o

But Ill use the bridge next time, hubby said that with some kind of sneeze sound so I know what you mean lol

Marit

GR8DAME

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2005, 08:37:01 am »
Hi Marit.
The pool thing wasn't me, I am strictly the bang and pray type. Friends of ours had a table in the basement and they used to call me the ball-buster because I hit a ball and it jumped off of the table and broke on the concrete floor...Twice!!!   LOL so I am not the person for pool advise. Sorry.
Stella

GR8DAME

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2005, 11:21:49 am »
Jacksmom,
Do you think we're compinsating with our twin danes? Maybe we were separated at birth?
LOL
Stella

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2005, 12:57:31 pm »
Stella..... I dont know why I thought you were the "pool girl"  :D But I so understand what you are taling about, the ball jumping off the table, hehe I am still at the stage when it happens from time to time, I am also a real pro doing serious tricks. I am real good at making the "white" ball jump over the ball I was planning on hitting, and then knock around all the other balls. I am sure that is a real advanced trick, just that I can not control when they happen lol    ::)

Jacksmom..... I will do the skirt thing, and gosh, hubby made me soooooo mad last night, he had a smart ...ss coment about women playing pool. You know typical guy talk, "ohhhh I'd beat any womans ..ss in pool any day" and then he grin like a cat who just ate a mouse. I HAVE to get a table and practice, he gets to go practice and play once a week, and when they went to the "cities" he was gone like 4 days in a row, all day long. I hardly ever get to play, I am the one home with kids and dogs, I wouldnt want to have it any other way, but heck.... if I get a table I can still practice and my goal is to wack his butt sooooo bad he will never say another word about female pool players

Marit

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2005, 01:31:58 pm »
 ;D Ohhhh I sure did........ And I meant to tell you how happy I was that I was a queen lol....... That always was my goal in life, and I like the way we "outrank" rather than "being older" hehehehe Sooooo should we have them bow too???? they should all get puter camcorders so we can be sure they all bow before they post lol.....

Ohhh and I accidently swung the cue around the other eve when we played he just managed to get out of my way, dang.,......... Yeah.... watching poop oopps pool I mean on tv is just too boring, here we have football, baseball, golf and pool, no wander we have 6 tv in the house lol...... we always end up not wanting to watch the same thing, so we need like a ton of them  ::)

Marit

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2005, 01:45:04 pm »
here here...... Tiara off for my co-queen Tina

Co-queen Marit

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2005, 02:00:16 pm »
My husband wants to be called a Rott of course.  I told him last night though that I think he's a mix between a Rott and a little yippy dog.   :P
He in turn wants to know what the husbands think their wives are...in breed that is.   He thinks I'm like an Australian Sheppard

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2005, 02:02:23 pm »
hehe this should be educational  ::) I will ask hubby tonight lol

Marit

GR8DAME

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2005, 02:22:26 pm »
I'll leave the Queen thing to you guys, it sounds like too much work and stress to me, but I am an elder as well at 42. We are like wine, we get better as we age. Now if I could only get the hubby and kids to buy it...
Stella

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2005, 06:58:53 pm »
I'll leave the Queen thing to you guys, it sounds like too much work and stress to me, but I am an elder as well at 42. We are like wine, we get better as we age. Now if I could only get the hubby and kids to buy it...
Stella

I guess I'm going through some important mental changes lately.  I always wanted to travel far away...especia lly to Europe to find old family.  My twenties went by and I didn't do it...I stayed in school instead.  Now, I am getting older, as we all are every day.  But, along the way I've realized that I really can do what I want.  I went from working as an educated professional in stressful jobs that defied my own value system, to the lowest paying job I could get...and I have never been happier.  I realize that it can only become better, and since I have three day weekends, timewise it is wonderful.  So, my point is that I think you are right that we age like a fine wine.  I hope to one day sit sipping wine along the Mediterranean coastline as I write novels.

I wish.... ;)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

GR8DAME

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2005, 07:34:17 am »
Hey, it's never too late. I was 40 years old and got my motorcylce license (which I always wanted to do, but bought into my Mother's generation of thinking: "nice girls don't do that") and bought myself a bike. Now my answer to my Mother is "Nice girls may not do that but women can, and do." I love my bike and my husband and I ride all the time. It's a much better view from my bike than just the back of his head like from his. Keep the faith, (and that wine) and you'll get there. I promise, I'll buy your first best seller someday!
Stella

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2005, 11:20:15 pm »
Hey, it's never too late. I was 40 years old and got my motorcylce license (which I always wanted to do, but bought into my Mother's generation of thinking: "nice girls don't do that") and bought myself a bike. Now my answer to my Mother is "Nice girls may not do that but women can, and do." I love my bike and my husband and I ride all the time. It's a much better view from my bike than just the back of his head like from his. Keep the faith, (and that wine) and you'll get there. I promise, I'll buy your first best seller someday!
Stella

Thank you for the good cheer! Salut!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

GR8DAME

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2005, 07:36:02 am »
According to my hubby I am a pitbull. Short and strong, loyal and able to open a can of whoop-@#$ if needed. Doesn't sound like me at all...Go figure. ::)
Stella