Author Topic: Question on Baby Teeth  (Read 2920 times)

Offline MyDyson

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Dyson
    • View Profile
Question on Baby Teeth
« on: May 27, 2006, 04:18:55 pm »
Dyson is a year old now and still has his two upper fang baby teeth.  His brothers and sisters lost theirs long time ago.  Has anyone else seen this on a 1 year old?  They are very well alive (meaning white and very attached).  I am planning on taking him to the vet to get them pulled, but just had to ask.
Randy & Jennifer Wilkerson
St. Louis, MO

doggylover

Re: Question on Baby Teeth
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 04:20:40 pm »
I don't know anything about puppy teeth, except that they are super sharp...but holy cow your puppy is CUTE! :D

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 04:47:01 pm »
Are his adult teeth in as well?
Farley had that too on one side. The baby tooth did not fall out.It was maybe two months ago so he would have been around 10.5 - 11 months that it finally fell out. I thought I would have to get it pulled.

Offline MyDyson

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Dyson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 04:49:55 pm »
Are his adult teeth in as well?
Farley had that too on one side. The baby tooth did not fall out.It was maybe two months ago so he would have been around 10.5 - 11 months that it finally fell out. I thought I would have to get it pulled.

Yeah, both his Adult upper Fangs are grown out, right next to the puppy ones.  I'm afraid he may get cavity's on his adult ones if I let it go any further.
Randy & Jennifer Wilkerson
St. Louis, MO

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 04:52:10 pm »
Thats what Farleys one side did too double occupancy. I think it may have fallen out finally when he played tug with puck,.....lol It  would be best to have them removed. Like you said he will get decay eventually. Let us know what happens :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 04:54:14 pm by Icerotti »

Offline Aner

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 07:43:42 pm »
With Tiny Tracks, it's actually really common.  My Miniature Pinscher Mika had ALL of her puppy teeth sticking out and all her adult teeth grown in when she went in for her spay.  She never lost a single puppy tooth.  They pulled them out and she seemed to have no problem with it.