Author Topic: HELP!!!! HELP!!!! Help times 28!!!!  (Read 14378 times)

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
HELP!!!! HELP!!!! Help times 28!!!!
« on: May 23, 2006, 06:53:53 am »
Pearland, Tx  Animal control busted a Great Pyrenees collector this weekend. She had 40 animals in her house. 36 Great Pyrenees and six cats. Almost all the dogs were kept in kennels all day, every day. The kennels were rarely cleaned, and the dogs were filthy, matted, and sick.

My group, SPIN Inc., took 12 dogs. Another member of another rescue group took 10, but the Board of that group refused to put the dogs in their program, so SPIN has agreed to take those 10 as well. We need foster homes anywhere in Texas for these dogs. If anyone is close to Sequin, the shelter there can use help with the 18 dogs they have there.

The last 8 are being held temporarly near San Antonio. If nobody else steps up, we will have to take them also.

If my math is correct that's 28 Pyrs going to rescue, 1 was PTS becasue she was sick, 1 agressive male was PTS. The collector was allowed to keep three animals, so there is one unaccounted for, besides the cats

None of these dogs have had shots (7 in 1, Bordetella)$6.00
None of these dogs have been wormed. $5.00
None have altered. $70.00
None of them have had been checked for heartworm. $15.00
None of them have had Rabies shots $8.00

That nearly $3000.00 just for the BASIC vetting, not mention food, grooming, and regular meds, like for fleas, ticks, and heartworms. We're expecting some additional medical problems from some. I know BPO does not allow solicitions for donations, so I'm not asking for money, I'm just stating facts! Like the fact we NEED money, and we can take donations through Paypal on our website.

TO all my BPO friends, I'm sorry I've been MIA for months now. New house, new job, and the ordinary rescue stuff have kept me away from you. And here I return begging for help. I miss all the BPO stuff. Maybe I'll get settled in soon. Of course, when the outside temp hit 100+, I'll find LOTS of time to stay inside on the computer.

Thanks for anything you can do.

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!!!! HELP!!!! Help times 28!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 06:59:15 am »
This is the little girl I got from Houston. After a 40 minute bath, she looks like a pyr, rather than a four legged dog turd.

I would tempted to say the stench of her was horrible. But didn't know when I bought it, but the shampoo I last got is coconut scented. I had a bad experience with Pina Coladas in college, so the "dog" smell helped cover up the shampoo smell!

My new dog room paid off last night. She bolted out of the bathroom and into the tiled room, and tiled hallway, shaking off water all the way. There was nothing there to get wet. (I think my baby puppy, Captain, has been bathed before. He came into the room, saw the bathtub, and ran away screaming!)

She's sleeping in the hallway now, probably her day in months she isn't in a crate.  I've decided to name her Cherry, for short Cherish, because she is cherished here.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 07:19:23 am »
Situations like this makes me very sad and angry. I'm so happy that you were able to rescue Cherry and the others. I was wondering where you've been hiding. We've missed you!

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 07:50:22 am »
Sorry I've been MIA too. I promise to post this weekend.

Come on Texans, these people will need alot more than cash. They can use some hands to help for bathing, brushing, training, the list goes on and on... If any of you live in the Seguin/San Antonio area or the greater Dallas area, please pm Pupdaddy.

Pupdaddy, if someone has extra dog toys or dishes, etc. Can they contact you as well?

This is one time when I do wish we lived there still. I'd foster one or two for you. So sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for you all as well Mr. President.

Deena

cricket36580

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 08:17:22 am »
Wish I was closer...   :(  And I REALLY wish I was indepentantly wealthy!!!!  Stories like this make me so angry.  I can't believe they allowed her to keep ANY of the animals!  Are they going to continue doing home checks?

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 08:23:04 am »
I'm all the way up in South dakota but can I donate some $$ to at least try and help ???
*modified because I was too upset to spell correctly*
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 08:23:52 am by horsepoor21 »
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 08:45:48 am »
Hey!  I'm in Houston and we have a 4-day weekend!  Tell me where to be on Sunday or Monday and I'm there.  I'm not much good cause I can't do any lifting, but I can walk dogs, rub shampoo around on their long white locks and generally love on 'em.

Would they mind if Einstein joined us?

Sarah

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 08:53:36 am »
Cherry looks like a very sweet girl but her poor nose!...I'll have a check on the way this week...I wish I was there to help though..Spin must be overwhelmed!! :(

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 10:38:19 am »
I will be sending out some e-mail to day and see if we can get some $$$ for SPIN.

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 11:22:17 am »
Much as we enjoy having you on the board, keeping busy helping Pyrs is so valuable!  Don't feel bad about being away and coming when you need help.  This board is there when you are in need and when you are not!  Wish I was closer, but then again, my health right now probably would not allow anyway.  I do have a whole box of flea shampoo samples and regular samples that I could send.  I'll also send this along to our local rescue for their mailing list.  Will see what I can do for $ but we're strapped a bit between Drs, medicines and our recent rescue dogs!
Daphne

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 02:33:53 pm »
BIG WET SLOBBERY DOG KISSES FOR DEENA! Your donation has already hit our Paypal account!!!! I've been telling everyone that Deena is due the credit, Jorge just pays the bills!

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 02:36:53 pm »
I'm so excited -- I am meeting three of the rescued dogs this weekend!  Maybe Einstein will gain a new pal.

Many thanks to those responsible for the rescue of these poor dogs.
Sarah

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 02:42:03 pm »
PupDaddy you are the best!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 06:58:45 pm »
Tonights update: At least three of the dogs have a staph infection, including Cherry. That's another $180.00 for those meds.

Cherry is soooooo happy to be free. I've got another foster, Will, and they both gang up on me when I go into the yard. If I'm not outside, they are playing with each other constantly.

Add to those two, my two, Earl and Kendra, and that the maximum number of adult dogs that the city allows one person to keep, 4 animals over the age of 6 months.

Notice I said "over 6 months" well guess what, I've got 4 puppies. I had Tippy amd Captain, and today I had to take their brother and sister, Hildy and General (I didn't name them). Where they were being fostered, their is a 6 month old pyr that might have distemper, so we had to move them out of that home until we know for sure.

Always exciting at Pupdaddy's house.

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 08:01:04 pm »
Wow!!  My head is spinning just thinking about it!!
I am kind of a big deal!