Author Topic: HELP!!!! HELP!!!! Help times 28!!!!  (Read 14314 times)

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
Re: HELP!!!! HELP!!!! Help times 28!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 06:27:59 am »
Count me in for a donation  I sent money but what else can you use?  In a disaster like this it is the least I can do- a lot of credit to those that were able to step up to the plate on this one!!

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 12:48:53 pm »
Count me in for a donation  I sent money but what else can you use?  In a disaster like this it is the least I can do- a lot of credit to those that were able to step up to the plate on this one!!

We collect used cell phones and emply inkjet and laser cartridges, and turn them in for cash at http://www.cashforcritters.com/. Almost all cartridges, except Epson. That would be an easy painless way to help us.  You could mail then to me as a collection point. PM me and I'll get you my shipping address.

chaosndestruction

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 01:26:53 pm »
oooh our printer is low on ink and we have some used cell phones lying around...pm me your addy please and i'll send them asap!

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 07:35:26 am »
How about toys rawhides buckets etc  Just got the new Petedge catalog and this weekend would be a great time to shop!!

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 07:38:24 am »
How about toys rawhides buckets etc  Just got the new Petedge catalog and this weekend would be a great time to shop!!
Sure, that's the kind of thing we need all the time.

Didn't you make a a donation to us last year? Thank you again!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 09:16:27 am »
Pupdaddy,  I have some inkjet and laser cartridges and maybe a cell phone to send you.  I would also like to send a package of treats for the fur-babies.  Please let me know where to send it.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 10:16:13 am »
Pupdaddy,  I have some inkjet and laser cartridges and maybe a cell phone to send you.  I would also like to send a package of treats for the fur-babies.  Please let me know where to send it.

Lisa

Thank you Lisa. I thought of this, I don't want to post my address on the internet, where trolls can get it, but I can post a jpg of the address.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 12:30:45 pm »
Maybe all of us in the area can up together a box and send it out UPS. 

Lisa

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 03:18:49 pm »
Maybe all of us in the area can up together a box and send it out UPS. 

Lisa
if you go to www.cashforcritters.comyou can see the rules, what kind of cartridges, how to ship, where to ship to, etc. Just put our name SPIN, Inc as the organization, and SPIN's address

501 Allegheny Tr
Garland TX 75043

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 09:07:48 am »
I live in Austin. I'm trying to buy a house... You think I could "hide" a Pyr from the landlord for a month and a half?

Seriously, though, since my living situation is straightening out (for those of you that remember the mini-crisis that I had in March), I have considered adopting another dog, especially b/c my dr believes I am allergic to my cats and is having me tested. My family may have to take them (and I am still working on placing my two fosters). The idea kills me, though, so I've bought a Dyson Animal (OMG-that's another post all together) and about every anti-allergen product you can get for carpet. LOL I'm going to beat this yet...

Back to the Pyrs, I want my next dog to be a rescue and a big paw, of course (was thinking a mix, newf, pyr, lab, saint, mastiff, leonberger... well, you get the picture-pretty much any big paw). I would get a male. Riley is now the top dog, but Sadie doesn't deal well with other females in the house. Riley, on the other hand, would submit to another male (he submits to anyone but Sadie, though she's still working on getting him to change that).

I'd likely want a dog that's 3 or older; I wouldn't mind a senior. I would only worry that Sadie and Riley would drive him crazy, but maybe he'd calm them down. Sadie's 2 and Riley's almost 1.

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 09:10:19 am »
Hey!  I'm in Houston and we have a 4-day weekend!  Tell me where to be on Sunday or Monday and I'm there.  I'm not much good cause I can't do any lifting, but I can walk dogs, rub shampoo around on their long white locks and generally love on 'em.

Would they mind if Einstein joined us?

I can help with this, too, at least for part of the weekend. I have a photo job scheduled, but other than that, I'm pretty free-first time in a while, but I can think of no better way to spend it than helping some puppers.

And I'll talk to my landlord about taking in a dog. Maybe a friend could keep them until I move...

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 04:48:29 pm »
I'd like to correct a few mistakes I made in my original post about the 28 great Pyrenees.  While report of the number of dogs was close to accurate, the report of their location, vetting condition contained some errors. I was relying on early word of mouth reports, rather than waiting for accurate reports. SPIN has a sterling reputation in the rescue community, so I don't want anyone seeing mistakes and thinking I'm trying to pull a fast one on them. So please allow me correct myself:

In the statement " ...40 animals in the house. 36 dogs and 6 cats" the 36 was a typo, it should have been 34.
    I was mistaken about where the dogs were. 12 were on their way to Dallas, 10 were in Sequin, near San Antonio, and the reminder were still in the Houston area.
   When faced with the daunting number of dogs involved, I imagined the worst case scenario, and extrapolated numbers based on guesses, rather than waiting for accurate estimates. The fact is we don't know what vetting will be necessary. Some of the dogs are not as sick as others. Many of the dogs had been altered, and the reminder we just don't know yet.

I apologize for saying "I'm just stating the facts" when my facts were wrong.  If anyone feels they were deceived by my original post, please contact me with a PM so I can apologize to you personally.  If donated money, and feel you were decieved, you will receive a refund if you desire.

And I personally apoligize to you all for just being wrong.  I should have waited for the entire rescue group to come to accurate conclusiuons, rather that acting on my own. If you cross posted the to another group, please crosspost my correction also. I hope you all realize my heart was in the right place, even though my brain wasn't connected.

Sincerely,
Pupdaddy

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 07:43:22 pm »
DITO on the "You are AMAZING..."  Great Pyrenees in general are lucky to have you.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 08:21:03 pm »
Pupdaddy,

I am so sorry that you needed to type a retraction. I feel partially responsible in that I received your email prior to you posting here on BPO and encouraged you to post before you "got the facts."

I guess I am miffed as why someone could not see that a typo had occurred. I also do not understand why people would not read your post and understand that a $3000 figure was mere speculation, just numbers thrown out to give readers the possible magnitude and financial burden Spin could be taking on. You made it clear that you did not have all of the dogs yet and that they had not seen the vet.... so I guess I do not understand why an apology is/was in order.  You should be making the correction for the typo, but sharing the WONDERFUL news that some of the dogs were spay/neutered and may have had shots. YEA!!!!

Please keep us updated with the good and the disappointing news as well. We all know that until ALL the dogs have been checked and prior vet records reviewed (if any), the total costs will be unknown. Your calculations could be high or very low...

Looking forward to your updates!

Deena

P.S. Don't let Cindy give you the evil eye. ;) And DON"T stop accepting help!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 11:43:06 pm »
I'd like to correct a few mistakes I made in my original post about the 28 great Pyrenees.  While report of the number of dogs was close to accurate, the report of their location, vetting condition contained some errors. I was relying on early word of mouth reports, rather than waiting for accurate reports. SPIN has a sterling reputation in the rescue community, so I don't want anyone seeing mistakes and thinking I'm trying to pull a fast one on them. So please allow me correct myself:

In the statement " ...40 animals in the house. 36 dogs and 6 cats" the 36 was a typo, it should have been 34.
    I was mistaken about where the dogs were. 12 were on their way to Dallas, 10 were in Sequin, near San Antonio, and the reminder were still in the Houston area.
   When faced with the daunting number of dogs involved, I imagined the worst case scenario, and extrapolated numbers based on guesses, rather than waiting for accurate estimates. The fact is we don't know what vetting will be necessary. Some of the dogs are not as sick as others. Many of the dogs had been altered, and the reminder we just don't know yet.

I apologize for saying "I'm just stating the facts" when my facts were wrong.  If anyone feels they were deceived by my original post, please contact me with a PM so I can apologize to you personally.  If donated money, and feel you were decieved, you will receive a refund if you desire.

And I personally apoligize to you all for just being wrong.  I should have waited for the entire rescue group to come to accurate conclusiuons, rather that acting on my own. If you cross posted the to another group, please crosspost my correction also. I hope you all realize my heart was in the right place, even though my brain wasn't connected.

Sincerely,
Pupdaddy

Walter, the FACTS are that, once again, you are stepping up to the plate & batting 1000!!!!!!!!!!!! :-* I will not nit-pic numbers when your "average" is beyond what most people will do!!!...Rock on P.D.!!!!!!!! :-* :-* ;) ;D