Author Topic: Most Unique Personality Trait...  (Read 7540 times)

doggylover

Most Unique Personality Trait...
« on: May 27, 2006, 01:37:30 pm »
Badger's most odd/unique personality trait is that he is a massochist.  I'm not sure I can really describe it, because it's part of his entire personality, but I will give an example.  He will push his ball into the dining room (where he isn't allowed) and lay there for HOURS panting and whining.  He gets visibly upset if you give him his ball back, and he immediately pushes it back in there.  It is obvious by his body language that he doesn't want us interfering in his game.  He isn't playing a game to see if we will go get it, he likes it the best if he can't get the ball, and he just has to lay there and look at it.
What is the most distinctive/unique/odd thing you have ever noticed in a dog you've had?  The dog can be alive or at the rainbow bridge!  I just thought it would be fun to hear about other people's weirdo dogs!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Most Unique Personality Trait...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 01:51:56 pm »
Cinder is an optimist.  She reminds me of Dori off Finding Nemo.  She has the same up personality but her song would be Just Keep Running.  She's a big dufus but you can't help smiling when you see her do stuff.

Kaila has a high pain tolerance.  She injures herself and keeps right on going.  I have yet to hear her yelp and when she had pano and the vet was squeezing on her legs she didn't pull, jump, or whine.  She is also a klutz. 

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 02:03:03 pm »
ROFL I was just reading your post and remembering an obscure book I read 10 or so years ago called, 'Geek Love'.  It's about a family of circus freeks, written by a relatively normal onlooker.  OMG that is SO funny!  Your dogs sound like a total hoot!
 ;D

doggylover

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 02:11:27 pm »
LOL um NO...I have enough to handle with my little massochist! :D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 02:14:43 pm »
Badger's most odd/unique personality trait is that he is a massochist.  I'm not sure I can really describe it, because it's part of his entire personality, but I will give an example.  He will push his ball into the dining room (where he isn't allowed) and lay there for HOURS panting and whining.  He gets visibly upset if you give him his ball back, and he immediately pushes it back in there.  It is obvious by his body language that he doesn't want us interfering in his game.  He isn't playing a game to see if we will go get it, he likes it the best if he can't get the ball, and he just has to lay there and look at it.
What is the most distinctive/unique/odd thing you have ever noticed in a dog you've had?  The dog can be alive or at the rainbow bridge!  I just thought it would be fun to hear about other people's weirdo dogs!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 
OMG!!!!!!!....ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!...That is the funniest & strangest thing I've ever heard about a dog I think!...Badger would SO fit in here!!!!!!...Sammy wants to get into the dining room when we eat...He doesn't beg for food but he does wedge himself under the table & licks our feet...He also does this to my Bible study lady when we study at the dining room table...Thankf ully she likes Sammy & his foot fetish :D...lol!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 07:19:25 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 02:34:15 pm »
Lacey is definitely tweaked.  She loves to wiggle she literally wags her entire body and she's excited to see you if you've only been gone 5 secs.  She also loves to rub against you and she tries to crawl into you.  She also loves to herd anything and everything including us and especially other cars on the road.

Kali is a big goofy slobbery beast.  She loves to give kisses and can be shy strangely enough.  She's learned how to herd from Lacey which is highly entertaining and can move pretty quick.  But she can be such a klutz.  She runs into the wall while chasing her tail and crashes cause she loses traction and generally has no idea how big she is.  She also is a chatterbox, she loves to talk and especially to tell you off. 

Sammy was our irish setter let me say her reg name was Lady Samantha of Emerald Isle and a lady she was.  She ruled the house, she had her own chair at the dinner table that she would sit at.  Also she believed she had puppies either the rubber crabs or Taz that she would obsess over.  She was quite the mother hen as whenever the baby chinchillas would go missing she'd go find them for us.  She also was obsessed over catching these white rabbits that escaped from our neighbor...unf ortunately she was on a run and the rabbit had no such restrictions so she'd hit the end and flip herself over or tear the run out of the house.  Poor Sam she never caught any...I could go on and on about her as she was alot like Farley always into trouble.

Mackey was our retired greyhound.  She loved to sleep on the couch all the time.  We used to joke that she'd fallen off the greyhound bus as she'd sleep upside down with all her legs outstretched.  She got senile in her old age and would forget things like the fact she had just been out.  She was an awesome dog though good with everyone.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 02:48:42 pm »
This is such a cool thread!!!

I just wanted to add that, but I can't really think of anything Cabeza does that's funny or odd. He's really really really really really really really mellow. He mostly just chills.

hahaha...but, my American bully X, Bo, used to eat sand at the beach. Like, tons of it. And then he'd poop it out. Literally. It would be all sand. Mark (BF) used to say, "Nicole. Your dog is pooping sand castles again!" hahaha!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 03:02:06 pm »
This is so funny!

Let's see....Bear is a happy-go-lucky, dimwitted, snob.  ;D And yes I do mean that lovingly. He is always happy and loves to wiggle waggle his booty all over the place when someone comes in or he is outside or when he carries his leash. He is a bit dimwitted because he is always hitting something with his big head. He regularly runs into poles and trees and sometimes even vehicles with his noggin when he is not paying attention. Lastly, he is a snob. If he doesn't think that a human or animal is worthy of his time he will completly ignore them. He is a wierdo but I love him!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

doggylover

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 03:18:51 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 
OMG!!!!!!!....ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!...That is the funniest & strangest thing I've ever heard about a dog I think!...Badger would SO fit in here!!!!!!...Sammy wants to get into the dining room when we eat...He doesn't beg for food but he does wedge himself under the table & lick our feet...He also does this to my Bible study lady when we study at the dining room table...Thankf ully she likes Sammy & his foot fetish :D...lol!
A dog with a foot fetish...that is hysterical!!!  These are the things I think we remember the most about our dogs long after they are gone.
 :D

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 06:29:25 pm »
I love this thread. Instead of a foot fetish, Luke has a pillow fetish. He loves to jump on our couch or the spare room bed and wiggle and squirm, getting his head under the pillows and flipping them up and eventually off. He snorts and makes all these goofy noises! Every day he does this, usually in the morning. Anyone else have a wiggle worm?

Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 11:46:35 pm »
Besides his foot fetish, Samson also lays down with his head on the floor & just grumbles on & on for no apparent reason...I always reply to this with "OH MY!...Something is wrong in Sammy's world"! :D

doggylover

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 12:49:07 am »
lolol poor Gweck!  He just wanted to sleep in the bed!  When we first moved into our last house, we knew we would only be there for as short a time as possible, and we didn't unpack anything (we were renting and looking for another house).
We were sleeping on a matress on the floor and Badger decided that it was HIS floor so the 'bed' was fair game.  He would start at the foot of the bed and, after we were asleep, he would crawl up the bed between us.  We totally knew he was doing it, but we ignored him hoping he would settle in and try to be quiet so as not to 'wake' us.  So crawl crawl up he would come.  This would take around 30 minutes or so, he moved like a slug.  Then, he would lay there, very still like he was dead.  Then he must have figured we were asleep, so he would flop all out.  Most nights he was still and quiet, but sometimes he would decide in mid dream that David had to GO.  He would shove David really hard off onto the floor, with all four legs.  David got sick of it and made him sleep on the floor and it would all start up again. 
When we made him sleep on the floor, he would pout for HOURS.  Huffing and sighing and whining, then running around barking like there was an intruder.  Of course if we got up to check if anyone was there, he would be in the bed when we got back. 
I love this dog...

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 04:28:19 pm »
Earnest's quirk is that he loves big machines. Like track hoes and bulldozers. I've never seen a dog so fascinated. If he hears a machine anywhere in our neighborhood, he'll wag at the door begging for a walk- "let's go see!" This from a dog who at any other time says "walk? now? but Lassie's on TV- aren't we going to eat popcorn?".
Once he lied to me, jumping up and down doing the potty dance by the door at an odd time of night. I took him out in the front yard, and he stood still staring off down the street. I had no idea what was up until the flashing lights started coming up over the hill- he didn't have to go potty- the big street cleaning machines were coming! That's a part of our routine now, he hears them coming and instead of "lying" he has a particular ears cocked, questioning expression that means "can I watch them clean the road, please?" If we've already gone to bed he parks his chin on the windowsill and stares from there. 
They're building a new house behind the house next door, facing the next street over. A dream come true! Earnest hasn't barked to come inside in weeks, he won't come in until the construction workers go home. When they brought in the big crane to hang the roof joists he went nuts with excitement, running around the yard and tossing toys in the air, then he settled down on TOP of the dog house to get the best view, and watched all day long. If we should encounter a parked machine anywhere we MUST sniff it all over, and examine the cab- I swear he's just like a five-year old skin kid, wishing he could drive the thing!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2006, 05:05:49 pm »
The first is Osiris.  If you are sitting on the couch, he will rub by you like a cat.  He will then lift his back leg up and attempt to strattle your leg.  His main goal is to have his groin resting on your leg.  He dosent want you to move or anything, but he'll just stand there with his groin on your knee hahaha.

Ranger does this too.  This is known as "putting his winkie on you".  Ranger's most unique personality trait is that he is just a huge freak.  Between the winkie-putting, wiping his face on the couch, grunting like a pig to communicate, hiding his face under your arm, constantly having to have his belly rubbed, trying to trade toys for food, and on-his-back-like-a-person in-the-bed cuddle time, he is just plain weird.  Sometimes we think he isn't really a dog at all.  He is a space alien, like Stitch from the movie Lilo & Stitch, posing as a dog.  Remember, the part when Stitch would roll up into a ball, like a pill bug, and roll around the house? Ranger does this.  No lie. He chases his tail, then when he catches it, he holds it in his mouth and falls over on his side, curled into a ball, holding his tail and rolling.  We are reasonably convinced that sometimes, at night, he flies. 
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

doggylover

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2006, 06:06:13 pm »
LOLOLOL this was exactly what I had in mind with this thread.  It's funny, the longer I hang out with you guys, the more normal I feel.  This is better than therapy!
Ronda :D