Poll

Do you window shop Petfinder?

Yes!! I want them all, duh
Addict? Me? *pushes the 6 dogs behind the computer chair in case someone can see through the com*
Mmmm sometimes
I found my dog on there
Petfinder is what?

Author Topic: Are you a Petfinder Junkie?  (Read 4402 times)

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Are you a Petfinder Junkie?
« on: May 27, 2006, 10:24:57 pm »
Are you an addict?  Come on, admit it!!

I'm usually a good girl.. I gave up browsing since I figured out dane rescues here only post the 'reject danes' the one's they are so a*al on criteria they will never find a home, or are undesirable due to age, etc.  So browsing only 'worked' when I looked out of province, and that sort of kills the dream that you could maybe adopt them when they are 7 states over.

It's been made very clear that I may not have a big paw until I move out.. *rate I'm going I'll go harass Liz and then she can deal with me and my big paw*

But I sort of would like a second cocker.. I like pairs (bad reason) but I think it might calm Cider and give her a playmate.. and would be a similar amount of work.. and though my family said no in a way I can't type here for breaking the tos...

I'm readdicted to petfinder browsing.  Hi, my name's Laura.  I am an addict.  But, there are next to no cocker's here either.. wtf.  And I've been looking at 2-4 yr old males, and I'm a little shallow maybe.. I'd like a dog that is pretty..  The states have a ton, we have none.  Not that it REALLY matters since I've be told no no no.. but no makes browsing even more hard to resist..
~I'm changing my naughty ways to naughtier ones~

Icerotti

Re: Are you a Petfinder Junkie?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 10:27:34 pm »
It makes me sad to browse though. I think of all these pups without homes. :'(

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 01:42:30 am »
I know it's 4am.. but come on addicts.. humour me, please, lol.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 06:40:36 am »
It makes me sad to look there too.  Until I got Carter and Katie, I was definitely addicted.  I'd search for hours on end.  Now I pretty much just look at those that others post or when something comes to mind.  I'm pretty much to the limit here (4) at the moment so I don't go looking for more trouble.  That said, I still open the "needs a home" threads that people post.   ::)  Can't help myself.
Daphne

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 08:09:22 am »
I go to petfinder sometimes.It does make me sad to see all the dogs that need homes. I try to stay away as I have 6 furkids and know that is enough. I did get Gretchen off of Petfinders. She is a sweetheart.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 09:59:53 pm »
I look there all the time. It doesn't really make me sad too much, except for knowing that I personally can't help and adopt another one, or find someone I know to adopt them. So it makes feel more helpless than sad. (if that's any better?!?)
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 06:54:15 am »
I visit petfinder at least 1-2 times a week. Mutiple times daily before we got bear! It is sad to see all the pups that need homes -- I wish I had more time, money and space to adopt some of them!

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 12:14:11 am »
I keep looking, like daily...
Cider got to play with 3 Aussies at Agility tonight before class.  She hasn't been this calm in months.. Even with the bum load of excercse we do.
She so needs a bro...
But Ontario rescue seems to have a whack load of the 'reject dogs' the cute, young, desirable, etc ones are rarely in any breed I look for..
And my Mom would kill me in a heartbeat....

Kiahpyr

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 07:13:01 am »
Petfinder what's that? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Hi my name is April and I'm a petfinder addict!

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 04:51:20 pm »
OMG! I thought i was the only one! i go to petfinder AT LEAST 5 times daily. and i have 4 dogs that need help! lol, plus Bo and Molly + 4 pups! yikes!
Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline guyrk

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 12:36:08 am »
OMG! I thought i was the only one! i go to petfinder AT LEAST 5 times daily. and i have 4 dogs that need help! lol, plus Bo and Molly + 4 pups! yikes!
Leah

I do to sometimes i try and alert other people to what kinda dog they are looking for and sometimes i just can't help myself i have to look! guyrk

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 09:29:22 am »
ARGH!  I am at Petfinders about three times a week, for no other reason than to look at all the pups I can't have.  It kills me to go there but I keep looking for a female white shepherd mix, even though I cannot have one.

I also scan our humane society, too.  In the past week I've seen two female shepherds and two beautiful long haired dachshunds that are breaking my heart.

Why do we DO this??? :-\
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 10:10:03 pm »
ARGH!  I am at Petfinders about three times a week, for no other reason than to look at all the pups I can't have.  It kills me to go there but I keep looking for a female white shepherd mix, even though I cannot have one.

I also scan our humane society, too.  In the past week I've seen two female shepherds and two beautiful long haired dachshunds that are breaking my heart.

Why do we DO this??? :-\

Oh.. so i'm not the only up for torture...
I'm up to 4 cockers in NY and one in WI and I am dying to write the slelters about them, but if I do I may fall full in love and my Mother says no more pets...  So I keep staring at the one's I've 'picked' and torturing myself..