Author Topic: Riding Lawn Mower Stalks Rottweiler...!  (Read 3977 times)

doggylover

Riding Lawn Mower Stalks Rottweiler...!
« on: May 30, 2006, 06:41:22 pm »
I went out to mow our acre of grass today and Badger did his normal weirdo thing.  He is TERRIFIED of the mower, but he lays down a little ways ahead of me, then jumps up and acts alarmed when, moments later I am ready to mow that spot.  If I turn around, he runs around in a wide arch to the spot I am headed for.  He does this with the vacuum cleaner too.  Do any of you have any idea why he would do this and not just lay on the porch or in his flowerbox/bed? 

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Riding Lawn Mower Stalks Rottweiler...!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 07:51:38 pm »
I can't help you on that one.  My ancient Boston Terrier attacks the vacuum and the lawn mower.  She'll run in front barking like a fiend then latch hold of the front wheels and start dragging the lawn mower.  If I just wheel it out in front of her she goes into a frenzy. 

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 08:09:11 pm »
I don't know either. But my female rotti Katie use to do that to the vaccum too--like it was going to suck her up alive..hahaha

k2campbell

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 09:04:52 pm »
I can't help you out, just wanted to say that Badger is so cute! ;D He really reminds me of our Rotti we lost last year, Slater (he got cancer). 

AW - more pictures please! ;D

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 09:13:48 pm »
WOW it's really amazing how much my pride swells when someone on here says they think Badger is cute.  I bet its that way for everyone on here, you post a pic and think....'I hope they think he's as cute as I know he is'!

doggylover

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 09:16:56 pm »
I can't help you out, just wanted to say that Badger is so cute! ;D He really reminds me of our Rotti we lost last year, Slater (he got cancer). 

AW - more pictures please! ;D

I'm so sorry about Slater.  For a big paw lover, the "C" word is sooo scary...
 :'(

k2campbell

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 09:18:24 pm »
WOW it's really amazing how much my pride swells when someone on here says they think Badger is cute.  I bet its that way for everyone on here, you post a pic and think....'I hope they think he's as cute as I know he is'!

I guess it would really suck for those that DO actually have ugly dogs hey?! :-\

Hee hee...just kidding!  I haven't seen one ugly dog on here yet! :D

Badger is TOTALLY cute though, love his eyes in that pic ;)

cricket36580

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 05:36:29 am »
Bella does that too, with the vacuum cleaner but not the mower.  I think it's that extremely high pitched whine the mower and vacuum make that they can hear but we can't.  With dogs that have very sensetive ears, it can be painful to hear.

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 06:13:20 am »
i would guess becouse knowing rotties like i do, they are overprotective and overpossesive we had one, and he did the same thing, i would say he is worried and concerned about you on that "thang" also my newfs used to do that to, now we have a routine, they all lay after i do half the yard, in the shady area that was cut, and do not go lay in my way anymore, i ignored the behavior and , they figured it out. :)
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 01:40:43 pm »
Grace does the same thing but with different objects.  :)  just a thing i guess.

doggylover

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 05:28:48 pm »
i would guess becouse knowing rotties like i do, they are overprotective and overpossesive we had one, and he did the same thing, i would say he is worried and concerned about you on that "thang" also my newfs used to do that to, now we have a routine, they all lay after i do half the yard, in the shady area that was cut, and do not go lay in my way anymore, i ignored the behavior and , they figured it out. :)
I think that rings the most true, given his personality.  It's like he wants to be close to me, so he can protect me, but then he gets scared and runs off. 
Thank you for all the cute dog compliments!  I'm working on the pic thing, it seems to take about 15 minutes to load one pic (dial up) so I can only load one at a time...
 :D :D

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 08:35:12 am »
I'm so glad you posted a recent picture of Badger. He is a beauty and has such soulful eyes. Tealk doesn't like the riding mower either. He follows it around and barks at it.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 09:08:17 am »
Mia is horrible when it comes to the vacuum or lawn mower. She viciously attacks it. She must think we are fighting with this loud monster and she is helping. We have to tie her up in the back yard and mow around her because she will run straight at the mower, grab the tire in her teeth and yank it completely off course. I'm afraid one day I'll mow over her nose or foot. She's insane!! But I'll say this for her, that girl's got gusto!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline CujoandShamus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 09:39:34 am »
Cujo does the same thing to the riding mower we have to hold him when hubby is by his area or he will try to get it.

doggylover

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 02:01:27 pm »
LOL that would be a great movie title: "Cujo Takes on the Blade!"
 :D