Author Topic: question about invisble fences  (Read 1607 times)

Offline lulu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
question about invisble fences
« on: June 01, 2006, 11:30:48 am »
does anyone here use them, and if so, how are they? we have a fully fenced in back yard but are in the middle of redoing a lot of it. we dug the old patio out and are going to put in a new one, but its taking longer than we expected. so for now, we have a big mud pit because it keeps raining. our front yard is not fenced in. when its too rainy and wet to put our golden, cooper, in the back, we hook him on his long leash in the front (supervised, of course), but he always gets tangled around bushes and everything so its a real pain the a$$. so, i was wondering if an invisble fence for our front would be a good option. i realize the limitations of them. they dont keep other dogs out, ect. but thats okay because when cooper is out, we will be out with him. i guess my main question is, are invisble fences humane? i dont know much about them. i was going to start doing some research but thought i would start here.
 so, what can you guys tell me about them? are they good or bad?
 Leah

Offline lulu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: question about invisble fences
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 11:41:21 am »
 oops i just did a search on here about invisible fences and found lots of old posts with lots of info. guess i should have done the search before i posted, lol. from what ive read, i think i will pass on the invisible fence and find another alternative -such as get my husband off his lazy butt and have him finish the backyard!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 11:53:01 am »
I absolutely LOVE mine.  it holds the girls in a yard that's over an acre

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 01:13:39 pm »
My friend has one and loves it. Bear and her dog were running their acres and Hershey would absolutely not cross its boundaries even when Bear did. They actually have to pick hersey up to get her to leave the property for walks. Great thing for those who have large lots in my opinion

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 01:18:07 pm »
My guess is it will be easier to perimiter train your dog than to 'train' your hubby to finish the yard!
 :D