Author Topic: Free Books (just pay me the shipping)  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Svnt4God

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Visit my Website
Free Books (just pay me the shipping)
« on: June 03, 2006, 11:34:00 pm »
I wanted to offer these books up to any of you for free (just pay for the shipping of $3.00 per book) before I put them on eBay. They are not Giant Breed Dog related, but they are fun to read dog books.

If you're interested, please send me an email: GentleGiantNew s@aol.com

BOOK 1: The Quotable Canine
Hard Back, with paper sleeve (in brand new condition)
20 - 30 pages of cute dog photos with a funny quote. Printed in the old-fashioned brown tone tint.

BOOK 2: What My Dog Has Taught Me About Life
Hard Back with paper sleeve (In excellent condition) ... except my sister wrote my name inside the book (I hate it when she does that). 189 pages of short, daily "devotionals".

BOOK 3: Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul
Paper Back. A bit worn (I actually read this one), but no pages torn or missing. 403 pages

BOOK 4: A Dog's Life
Paper Back. Excellent (Like New) condition. Never read.
192 Pages.

Here is the first paragraph to give you an idea:

Life is unfair, as we all know, and a good thing, too. If it had gone according to plan, I would still be chained up outside some farmhouse in the middle of nowhere, living on short rations and barking at the wind. But fortunately, some of us are marked by fate to overcome humble beginnings and succeed in a competitive world. Lassie comes to mind, for instance, and that small creature who seems to spend his entire life with his head at an unnatural angle, listening to an antique gramophone. Rather him than me, but I suppose there's not a great choice for terriers -- noisy little brutes with limited intelligence, in my experience.

This last book is not dog related at all. It is more of a folklore about a Wolf, I think. (I never read this one either).

BOOK 5: The Sight
Paperback. Excellent Condition (Never read).
554 pages.

Here is one of the commentaries:

"This long, dark fantasy draws on tales and folklore of Romania and the Balkans, as Clement-Davies (author of the acclaimed Fire Bringer) explains in an author's note at the end. Readers who like Watership Down and fantasy sagas will appreciate this epic tale about wolves and its examination of issues of destiny, evil, bloodlust, and loyalty."

« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 11:34:58 pm by Svnt4God »