Author Topic: She Tried To Bite them!  (Read 3229 times)

Offline dogcrazyforever

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Beretta- 7 months
    • View Profile
She Tried To Bite them!
« on: June 04, 2006, 07:08:48 pm »
My mom went to a meeting about dog parks today so I waited outside the center with Tara. Many families came up and petted her just fine (with her giving them kisses and wagging her tail), even a teenage boy. Then, two teen boys came up, acting all funny. They kept asking if she'd bite them if they tried to pet her. Of course, I said no. She was laying next to me when one of them finally gathered up the courage to walk up and pet her. Just when they were about 2' away, she growled and lunged at him. I fortunatly caught her in midleap and yanked her back so she missed biting him by a hair! I figured she just had a bad feeling about him and stayed since she had never done that before. The next person to come up was one of my boyfriend's old friends (a teenager) and she growled and growled at him and kept trying to reach him with me pulling back. So, that was it. I was getting up to leave when a family came up and asked to pet her. Just as I said 'no, she's acting funny...' she started growling. Maybe she was just tired of being pet? Weird...she hasn't EVER done ANYTHING like this before! Maybe the first boy opened a really bad door in her mind? Geez...I don't know! She is usually such a big baby!
What Man Doesn't Understand
Man Fears
And What Man Fears
Man Destroys.

Stop B.S.L.

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: She Tried To Bite them!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 10:45:32 pm »
Wow!  She must have really sensed something not right.  I agree that maybe the first guy's odd behavior may have made her nervous, and she just continued to feel that way.  Hopefully it's just a one time thing.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 10:54:18 pm »
Do you think she could have felt overwhelmed by too many people at once?

Offline dogcrazyforever

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Beretta- 7 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 12:02:16 am »
Maybe...but she's been around more people than that before. One of my boyfriend's friends came to the house today and she didn't do anything aggresive so hopefully she's back to her friendly self! She might have been just sick and tired of all these people...plus, it was hot. She was HOPEFULLY just feeling grumpy...dogs have bad days too! I'm just worried about taking her out in public now. What if she does it again? What should I do? I don't want to throw a huge scene...  :-[ I'm confused right now...
Man Fears
And What Man Fears
Man Destroys.

Stop B.S.L.

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 12:13:48 am »
Maybe...but she's been around more people than that before. One of my boyfriend's friends came to the house today and she didn't do anything aggresive so hopefully she's back to her friendly self! She might have been just sick and tired of all these people...plus, it was hot. She was HOPEFULLY just feeling grumpy...dogs have bad days too! I'm just worried about taking her out in public now. What if she does it again? What should I do? I don't want to throw a huge scene...  :-[ I'm confused right now...
I have no idea what exactly set her off.  Maybe she had a very bad feeling about the first person she snarled at (for good reason maybe)...then you were freaked because she acted snarly, so then she picked up your energy and got more worked up.  Just a thought.  I know that if I am upset or really stressed, Badger wigs out, so maybe that's it...or maybe she just felt off?   ???

Offline dogcrazyforever

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Beretta- 7 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 01:00:27 am »
Yeah, that could be it because dogs are very sensitive their owners feelings. Very puzzling...
Man Fears
And What Man Fears
Man Destroys.

Stop B.S.L.