Author Topic: Lola's first vet visit..  (Read 1731 times)

Lyn

Lola's first vet visit..
« on: June 28, 2006, 07:34:13 am »
I got Lola into the vet on Monday. She keeps me busy, lol, So I didn't get a chance to post until now.

My vet felt her hips, elbows, knees and checked her heart. He said everything feels/sounds great. Big sigh of relief since she came from a byb. She also got her first shots and her heartworm/flea meds.

I also had him check her urine since I was wondering if she had a UTI. She will sit and pee on herself.. not good. Turns out her urine is very dilute. He said it could be a sign of something going on with her kidneys BUT he thinks she's just guzzling too much water at a time and since she has next to no bladder control at her age she can't hold it. So I have to measure and write down how much water I give her in a day.

I hate doing it because I'm worried I'm not giving her enough and of course she's constantly looking for more. :-\ After recording the amounts yesterday she's getting 5 to 5 1/2 cups of water a day. That's from 7am when we get up to 7:30pm. Since doing this she's better able to control it and is no longer peeing on herself. But is that enough water? I'm going to call my vet and ask but I just thought I mention it here also. ;)

Oh and I finally got the 'breeders' phone number from my friends neighbour and spoke to her. I also went up there and saw mom and the remaining pups. She seems like a really nice lady and was ticked that this girl didn't call her and bring Lola back to her. Meanwhile I was told that the breeder *wouldn't* take her back.. interesting. But none the less she's mine now and that's it.  ;D

Just thought I'd give you all a little update.. I have some more pics I'm going to post in a bit too..  :D

Kiahpyr

Re: Lola's first vet visit..
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 12:02:51 pm »
Thanks for the update. I am glad she's doing so well. Sorry I can't be of much help with the water amount. All I know is big dogs drink a ton! I had to limit Kitana's intact cause she would pee everywhere.