Author Topic: I'm off, I'm off..It's off to court I go  (Read 1538 times)

cricket36580

I'm off, I'm off..It's off to court I go
« on: June 12, 2006, 07:36:27 am »
And I think I'm going to throw up.  Please send good thoughts/prayers my way this morning.  I can't elaborate right now.  I'll fill you in as much as I can later.  Just know that I'm not expecting any sort of justice to be served and the "great corporate monolith" will prevail.  He who has the most will win.   >:(  Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you would keep us in your thoghts this morning.

EllieAndBlu

Re: I'm off, I'm off..It's off to court I go
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 08:17:22 am »
sending tons of good thoughts and support your way!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 08:47:14 am »
I hope things go well - or at least better than you expect.

cricket36580

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 11:01:30 am »
I'm back and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  The news isn't all good but it wasn't all bad either.  There is a default judgement against us but the judge said we can ask to have it set aside.  In fact he was fairly emphatic that we do so immediately.  I don't think he was being patronizing... but he gave us perntitant info that otherwise we wouldn't have had.  So in short, we shouldn't have gone to court at all but if we hadn't we would still be in the dark over some issues.  This all came about when the tractor company didn't do what they said they were going to do even after we had fulfilled every letter in the contract.  Until now we couldn't get an attny and I pretty much felt like it was hopeless even if we did.  So the morning ALMOST restored my faith in the system.  No offense to anyone here that is an attny but, my belief has always been that the law doesn't have anything to do with what's right and he with the most money wins.  I might have to re-evaluate now.