Author Topic: Weight Watchers and Nicoderm  (Read 8895 times)

doggylover

Re: Weight Watchers and Nicoderm
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 11:28:15 pm »
I have a really hard time conveying information in this format.  If I say something and it seems off, I really appreciate being asked if I meant .....
No, I think walking is great, the goal is to set something moderate and reasonable that you are sure you can attain, and then nailing that thing.  If you think you can handle quitting smoking, and the diet, and the walking, more power to you.  Just remember to add a few points to compensate for the increased activity. This is really my hardest issue.  Setting reasonable attainable goals, then going after them consistently.  If you can do that, you will be fine!
Thanks for the great advice.  I know that it's alot, and you want to make sure that I am not setting myself up for failure.  I totally understand.  I'll just give it my best, and not beat myself up if I'm not perfect. (Or eat when I get upset about it! :D)
You got it sista!!!!
 :)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 11:30:50 pm »
You are a brave brave woman & your family & coworkers are braver yet...lol...Be st of luck!...I am pulling for you big time! :-*

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 07:07:49 pm »
Good luck! Good for you trying to get healthy :)
RIP former BPO

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 08:43:20 am »
I wish you the best of luck!  I quit last August then gained close to 30 pounds.  Recently, I went on Weight Watchers and have lost about 15.  I am terrible, though. I have been cheating on WW and have had a couple smokes after having drinks at the bar.  I am such a bad quitter!

Stay strong.

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 10:06:47 am »
I quit smoking 9 months ago...and it was the best thing that I could have ever done for myself. I hate to be one of those preacher types but it has to be said. I have so much more energy, and when I wake up in the morning I feel great instead of all congested in the chest. I don't have that cough that didn't bother me at the time, but now that it is gone I feel much better. But most important I just had a tumor removed from my pancreas a month ago, luckily it was removed early enough and I am cancer free. I may have gotten this if I hadn't smoked for 16 years, but I can't help thinking that this didn't help. OK- I am stepping off my soap box here, but everyone was giving such encouragement for weight loss that I wanted to offer a good luck on the quitting smoking.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

cricket36580

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 11:02:09 am »
Let's see...I have 19 days to go till my quit date.  I don't know if I can do it or not. :-\  But I'm going to give it a shot.  If I murder someone I'm suing the tobacco industry...May be I can build a dog park after all.  ;)

doggylover

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 12:43:48 pm »
I wish you the best of luck!  I quit last August then gained close to 30 pounds.  Recently, I went on Weight Watchers and have lost about 15.  I am terrible, though. I have been cheating on WW and have had a couple smokes after having drinks at the bar.  I am such a bad quitter!

Stay strong.
ROFL you are NOT a 'bad quitter'...you are what is called NORMAL!!! LOL I have gained and lost probably 3000 pounds over the last 20 years.  I don't even really expect to continuously stay at the right weight, I know myself too well.  I am a total food junkie; obsessed with it, really.  You just have to figure when you have an oops, you get right back on and try again.
 :D

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 10:37:01 pm »
Let's see...I have 19 days to go till my quit date.  I don't know if I can do it or not. :-\  But I'm going to give it a shot.  If I murder someone I'm suing the tobacco industry...May be I can build a dog park after all.  ;)

You can do it!  It may take several tries, but my attitude is that I will never stop trying to quit, no matter how many times I have to try.  (P.S - I have cheated in the last two days - about 6 cigarettes - I'll try again tomorrow!) :-[
On the positive note, I have completed two days of Weight Watchers, my coworkers are still alive, and I haven't slammed anyone on the road out of road rage.  That's progress, huh? ;D
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

doggylover

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 10:48:12 pm »

You can do it!  It may take several tries, but my attitude is that I will never stop trying to quit, no matter how many times I have to try.  (P.S - I have cheated in the last two days - about 6 cigarettes - I'll try again tomorrow!) :-[
On the positive note, I have completed two days of Weight Watchers, my coworkers are still alive, and I haven't slammed anyone on the road out of road rage.  That's progress, huh? ;D
I have to say I am really greatful that I never took up smoking.  I have smoked twice in my life, once after...to see what that whole 'thing' was about; and once at a bar with a group of friends who 'didn't really smoke, except socially so not really at all, pass the ciggy'  were randomly passing this cig around.  I have to say I LIKE LIKE LIKE smoking. 
More power to you, it's a really hard addiction to quit, harder I'm told than heroin.
 :-\ 

doggylover

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 10:28:20 pm »
Updates?

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 10:30:42 pm »
Updates?
Well, I stalled a little with the smoking for the first few days.  But right now, it's been two days since I had a cigarette.  I am more determined than ever!
Also, have now been on WW for seven days.  I just weighed and have lost 4 pounds!  I'm proud of both of my efforts right now.
Thanks for asking!! :) :)

doggylover

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 10:37:09 pm »
Updates?
Well, I stalled a little with the smoking for the first few days.  But right now, it's been two days since I had a cigarette.  I am more determined than ever!
Also, have now been on WW for seven days.  I just weighed and have lost 4 pounds!  I'm proud of both of my efforts right now.
OMG that is HUGE.  YAYAYAYAYAYAYA YAYAY

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 10:40:37 pm »
Updates?
OMG that is HUGE.  YAYAYAYAYAYAYA YAYAY
Thanks so much for the encouragement.  I really helps! :)

doggylover

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 10:45:58 pm »
keep us updated, if we don't hear anything, I assume you aren't on the wagon!
you must BRAG!

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 11:05:50 pm »
keep us updated, if we don't hear anything, I assume you aren't on the wagon!
you must BRAG!

Oh, I also forgot to tell you that I am now PMSing also. ::)  Day one of quitting smoking wasn't so bad as day two.  Today I could tell that the PMS started (it's not usually bad, I just get a little irritated with people faster than usual), and I was having a nicotine fit.  Eating something may have made me feel better in both areas, but of course, I can't emotionally eat!! :D  But, I promise I am not nearly the mess that I sound like. :D :D