Author Topic: Yucky green eye goop  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Yucky green eye goop
« on: June 07, 2006, 11:14:35 am »
Hi,
Last night I noticed that Binky's right eye was running and there was some green stuff in it.  Now there's a little more.  I cleaned her up and looked in her eye and don't see anything.  It is a little red, but not much.  Do you think I should take her to the vet?  I hate to spend the money if it's just dust or something but don't want to risk her sight!  Anyone else had this happen?  Do you think I could use saline solution to flush her eye (there's a fun prospect, holding down a giant, squirmy dog, squirting stuff into her eye!)
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Re: Yucky green eye goop
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 11:19:44 am »
Bava and Mowgli would get that when they would spend long hours chewing on each others faces, and I know it was a slight bacterial infection, but we cleaned out the gunk, and just gave it a day or so and it always cleared up on it's own.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Yucky green eye goop
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 11:28:01 am »
Bava and Mowgli would get that when they would spend long hours chewing on each others faces, and I know it was a slight bacterial infection, but we cleaned out the gunk, and just gave it a day or so and it always cleared up on it's own.
Ahh, that must be it!  I didn't even think of it, but McDougal and Binky were doing a lot of rough housing and face licking the other day!  Thanks!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat