Poll

My dog sleeps...

outside
in the house
in my room
on my bed
in physical contact with me

Author Topic: Where does your dog sleep?  (Read 16256 times)

Offline Abel

• Gnawer
  • Double Trouble ...
    • View Profile
    • Outeniqua Boerboels
Re: Where does your dog sleep?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2005, 04:09:25 pm »
I'm just curious how many other people sleep with their dog. ;D
No way - Abel and Lucy aren't allowed to come in the house, only once they slept in a crate in the house, it was freezing minus 15 degr. cent. in their shed then.
Either they sleep in the shed on a couch in the shed or they sleep in their wooden kennel.
When times get rough (wet, cold) they have a 150 W. heating-lamp above their couch, the kind poultry-farmers use to hatch their eggs.

Albert.

Offline RJWALLICK

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2005, 04:44:00 pm »
In our bedroom.  Both Shalom and Hosanna take turns being on the bed.  Hosanna usually gets too hot or cramped and jumps off to the cool ceramic bathroom floor. Shalom usually sleeps on the floor by my side of the beed.  When my husabnd leaves for work early in the a.m., they both jump up on the bed and snuggle with me.  This is especially nice in the winter when it is cold. We bought inexpensive dog beds, which have been used as chew toys more than beds.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 04:48:10 pm by RJWALLICK »

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2005, 04:47:51 pm »
As Siberexpress said 4 of ours sleep in their crates. I tell them go to your room and they run and jump in their crates. Griz shakes like a leaf when you make her go in a crate.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline gerry

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2005, 07:35:27 pm »
Albert,

Where are you located and are the dogs in the pic Boerboels?

Thanks,
Gerry

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2005, 07:42:12 pm »
Update...Tonka now would rather sleep on her coolerbed. She will lie on the bed with us then when the lights go out, she is ready to get on the floor on her bed!

Offline pastrygirl23

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2005, 10:10:48 pm »
My two go into their crates, they love them. But when it gets really really hot, I bring them into the bedroom so they can sleep in the AC. Alaska always sleeps next to my side of the bed on the floor, and Aspen on his back at the bottom of the bed on the floor (right where the AC blows) LOL
~Amanda, Alaska & Aspen~

Offline TriBern

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2005, 10:59:25 am »
Our dogs sleep in the kitchen/hall depending where they want to be. Chance our oldest Bernese usually sleeps in the kitchen extension next to the tumbler in his dog bed stuffed with a huge cushion while Archie(pictured) will sleep anywhere but in the summer its usually on the stone floor in the extension near the back door because its cooler. Neither dogs are allowed upstairs due to parents orders :P
w00f!!

Offline MaroonKellBells

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2005, 11:15:57 am »
Lennon sleeps next to me and my fiance in bed until he gets too warm...then he sleeps on the floor on my side of the bed.  I even share my pillow with him :)

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2005, 11:16:11 am »
I have 3 dogs.

The puppy, 11 months old, sleeps in her crate. I am about to begin allowing her some free time during the night. If all goes well there this will lead to her being allowed to be free in the house when we are away at some point in the future. I have another dog who fills that role right now.

The other 2 adults, ages 3 and 8, sleep in several different locations:

1 will always be by the bedside. They alternate sleeping there, and I really don't keep up with it. The other will either be sleeping just outside our doorway in the hallway, or, if it's the older gal, snuggled up on the sofa.
(She's allowed, she's earned that seniority...LO L)

I often come in the LR to find her sprawled shamelessly on her back, often with her head thrown back and such a look of luxury on her face I can't help but laugh.

;D
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline bigdogmom

• Gnawer
  • Beau
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2005, 01:03:47 pm »
hi all, my first post (yeah me) I have 4 babies,  a pit mix (Roxie-12yo ) that sleeps believes the best place to sleep is between my hubby and I, a shep mix (Simon-9) that sleeps w/ my 12yo, a St. (beau- 3 yrs tomorrow..happ y bday beau doggie) that doesnt think my 15yo's fullsize bed is big enuf for the both of them, often to my son's shagren, and a bloodhound (Ellie Mae-4yo) that sleeps in my 15yo's  closet??? Altho I am sure this is left over from when she out grew her crate, but I still get a kick out of it.

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2005, 02:08:54 pm »
Fwirly sleeps on the floor on her dog bed on daddy's side of the bed , right by hubby's pillow .  That's her spot and that is where she wants to be.
Moose sleeps in two places, half the night he'll  sleep in between hubby and me and close to one of our 3 cats who sleeps on my pillow. The second cat likes to sleep at the foot end of our bed and the third cat sleeps on the perch we made them on our door.
Sometime during the night Moose will go on his bed which is on my side on the floor, next to my pillow. When the alarm goes off, both dogs jump on the bed and snuggle and have kissies .

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2005, 04:15:06 pm »
Lucy Loves My Bed. Plain and simple.  ;D

PS She could care less if I'm in it or not!! LOL

ilovemyaussies

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2005, 04:36:22 pm »
 A Queen sized bed should be enough for 2 persons to sleep comfortably... .however when you are kicked out of your own bed by your furkids....  ;)  We are moving soon and I have already said that at the next house the furkids will be getting their own bed so we can have ours back.   :D

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2005, 05:40:21 pm »
You aren't getting your bed back...You are just going to have an extra bed while your dogs sleep with you ;D!...lol!

Offline fcsantos

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2005, 10:24:42 am »
OEM is being crate trained and sleeps in the crate. Wifes Bichon sleeps next to her feet in bed.