Author Topic: World's Worst Mother-in-Law >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  (Read 1485 times)

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
World's Worst Mother-in-Law >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« on: June 08, 2006, 02:00:08 pm »
I need help, you have to calm me down. >:( >:( >:( >:(

How is THIS for the most useless, horrible woman in the world?

My friend T's dad passed on this morning. (They've known this was coming; he was told 5 weeks ago that he had a very agressive and inoperable cancer, and that it would only be 6-8 weeks.) T's regular daycare provider told her several months ago that she would have to arrange for alternate day care for tomorrow, due to the provider's daughter's graduation.  T planned to just take tomorrow off and take her girls out to Disneyland.  Even with her Dad's illness, she's stuck to that plan; there's been a lot of stress, the girls are really feeling it, even though they're only 2 and 4. 

She called me at 8:45 this morning to tell me about her dad; her husband has been up north at her parents all week helping out and he called her just after she got to work.  (The girls were already at daycare, fortunately--they don't know yet.)

Obviously, she's a mess.  She needs to get to her mom.  So...she called her mother-in-law to ask her to pick up the girls from day care, and asked if she would mind watching them until their dad gets home on Saturday.

AND GETS TOLD NO. No reasons, no explanations, just, "No, I can't do it."

T was almost incoherent when she was trying to explain this whole mess to me.  A co-worker drove her home--she wasn't in very good shape before she called the witch, and it just put her over the edge.  I told her co-worker to give T a Valium and put her to bed.  I'll pick up the girls from daycare and take them to Disneyland anyway.

I'm just livid. I've never liked this woman, but frankly, she's just put herself on my  personal hit list.  How do you do that to someone who's been your daughter-in-law for 20 years? 

Y'all know I can cuss, but I don't even KNOW any words bad enough. There aren't any emoticons for how mad I am. Who knows a voodoo priestess? 

Nobody messes with my friends.  NOBODY.

I have to calm down before I pick up the girls.  Somebody give me a mantra, the OOOHHMMMS aren't working.
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: World's Worst Mother-in-Law >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 02:07:29 pm »
My personal mantra is that there is a h*ll and it's made from all the mistakes you make with those who are closest to you.  That MIL is building her own personal h*ll.  You just have to live long enough to see the result!

I can't believe that some one can be so unfeeling, uncaring, such an unqualified, ummmmm, having trouble here....  (I don't want to insult female dogs!!!) okay, WITCH!!!!

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 04:24:06 pm »
Instant Karma's gonna get you, knock you right off your feet...better recognize your brother is everyone you meet.
:: sings along with little worry about how things will work out::
 ;)

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 11:03:37 am »
AW , your poor friend. What a horrible MIL- she must be friends with my MIL. I hope your friend is doing better. It is a shock even when you expect it. You are a good friend to step in and take her kids for her.
Curses on that evil MIL :-X