Author Topic: Frosty Paws Saint Size  (Read 4309 times)

Offline SaintMommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lucy and Charlie with puppy pal Bosley - 10 months
    • View Profile
Frosty Paws Saint Size
« on: June 08, 2006, 09:59:34 pm »
We heard about these treats called Frosty Paws, from the freezer section, they look like small ice cream cups(my husband reports they DON'T taste like ice cream).  We purchased them for Cassie, She LOVED them. Small problems... the cups are tiny in my big girls paws, they are expensive and they run out of them all the time.  I researched online and made my own.  I tested them tonight... Cassie is blissed out, She licked the bowl for about 20 minutes.  My recipe:  1 large container of Vanilla or Plain Yogurt, 1/2 cup of water, 2 large tablespoons of peanut butter. Mix together and pour into 4 smaller disposable plastic bowls.  Freeze.  A few alterations of the recipe I read was to add banana, or meat baby food.  I will try those and report on results.  I hope you all have fun and try the frozen treats, anything to keep our furry friends cool.  Good Lick!
Thanks much,
Renee & Mark

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Frosty Paws Saint Size
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 10:21:48 pm »
I will have to try that.  It sounds like Bella would love it. :)
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 11:20:56 pm »
Please tell me your hubby didn't really try it!?  That sounds like something my hubby would do.  GROSS! 
Badger is going to love this!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 06:37:20 am »
Thanks for the post. I have not made Sugar Bear and Dixie frosty paws in months. I do the simple plain yogurt with peanut butter in the center.  I may even try adding a little of their food to the mix.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Lyn

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 06:53:13 am »
Awesome! Thank you for the recipe. My hubby recently bought some Frosty Paws from the grocery store for Bubba. I am NOT impressed with the ingredients. Gross.. to top it off they are preserved with BHA/BHT. :o

So much nicer to be able to make my own with ingredients I can pronounce (read the label on frosty paws, you'll see what I mean). LOL

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 07:09:54 am »
Thanks for posting your recipe.... with the summer heat upon us, my babies will LOVE this refreshing treat!

rickysmom1

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 06:39:41 pm »
I just bought Tater and Willow dog ice cream from a place called Snout's Bakery (www.snoutsbake ry.com). The name of the product is "Mikka’s Ciotola di Gelato Speciale" and the ingredients are vanilla yogurt, peanut butter, bananas, apples, honey that you pour into a rawhide bowl that they ship to you with the liquid. Then you pop them into the freezer and let them lick'em up. They smell so yummy that I'm ready to eat them up  ;D ;D. I haven't given them to Tater and Willow yet, but I plan to this weekend out in our front yard so they can make a mess out there. I'll let everyone know how they go over.  ;D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 06:47:24 pm »
I made those homemade frosty paws last summer. I did two varieties: both had yogurt and peanut butter, for one I added strawberry/bannana, and one I added 'veggie stew'. Zoey liked the strawberry bananna ones a lot, the veggie ones not so much, and the original frosty paws the most  :o
RIP former BPO