Author Topic: Crates?  (Read 9296 times)

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Crates?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 07:08:18 pm »
Our guys were both crate trained and if left were crated as puppies but now they live in a thoroughly dog proofed section of the house which is baby gated off.  They have the kitchen and the hallway and occaisonally the bathroom or back bedroom.  So maybe if you can't crate consider making at least one room thoroughly Thor proof and leave him with lots of toys like Kongs.  Good luck, I hope Thor can learn to coexist with your furniture while your gone.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline ambulance_Driver

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Crates?
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 10:38:51 pm »
Sorry it has taken me so long to post on here again but work has been crazy.  Thor is 9.5 months old, and I have a TINY one bedroom house so making one room of the house his won't work.  Unfortunately I live in a town of 200 people so there aren't any doggy daycares around and I don't trust any of the neighbor kids walking him due to the kids being under 10years old.  I'm very tired of living where I do and would like to move so that he could go to doggy daycare because there is one about an hour from where I live.  Thanks so much for your input on crates! 
    I know that he's just bored and needs an outlet for his energy but currently its almost impossible to get him out to the park to play everyday.  I am currently looking at moving back to the city so that we can go to the dog park etc.

Ellie: Bichon Frise
Dash: Chinese Crested
Ginger: Paint filly