Author Topic: Bad news tonight...Rosie.  (Read 26639 times)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Bad news tonight...Rosie.
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 05:19:28 pm »
So sorry to hear this, hon. I can't add anything that anyone hasn't already said about you doing the best you could for her...  Just know that I am sending lots of love and hugs...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

k2campbell

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 05:32:06 pm »
I fear I've failed her...I just don't know how exactly...I will never rescue any dog again...God have pity on both of us.

I am so very sorry for you :'( I can't imagine what you are going through right now, but please, PLEASE don't think you have failed Rosie, because you haven't in the slightest. You did ALL YOU COULD to turn her around, a lot of people wouldn't even THINK of taking the lengths you did...

Please don't say you'll never rescue another dog again, you did GREAT with her and although this recent outcome wasn't favorable, it was COMPLETELY out of your hands - there is nothing more that you could have done.  Everything happens for a reason, regardless of whether it's good or bad...

Just think of what a great life you've given Rosie, and although this most recent situation wasn't good - you loved her and did all you could! I'm sure your family (including Samson and Pippin) would vouche for you in this regard also  ;)

I feel terrible for you, please get some rest and know we're all here if you need us - anytime. (((((((HUGS)))))))

Kelly & Kate  :-*
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 05:32:37 pm by k2campbell »

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 05:39:07 pm »
Really sorry you are having to go thru this with Rosie, but you can't beat yourself up  for trying to do a good thing.  You're only human, Who knows what the heck goes through their mind sometimes.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 07:18:04 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear about this. But you have to know that there is no way this is your fault. You've given Rosie love and a home and companionship from both humans and other dogs. That doesn't sound like failing her to me. You care about her so much. Your post shows that. Sometimes things just happen though. We humans don't know why we wake up in a bad mood some mornings, or why certain people rub our last nerve raw more than others. Often, we don't why we humans feel the way we do or why we do the things we do. I think animals are the same way. Maybe Rosie was scared, or grumpy, or startled. I don't know. Or maybe she doesn't know either! But that doesn't make it your fault at all. Whatever you decide about Rosie, just wait for a few days until you can see everything in an honest light. Not negatively or positively, just be neutral, and figure out what needs to be done. You will know what is best for you and her. I'm glad to hear your neice was not injured badly. I'm praying you, your family, and your dogs. I pray that you have wisdom and peace about whatever you decide.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 07:25:31 pm »
I'm so sorry you're all living through this.  Like others have said here, I'm certain you are giving Rosie the very best love and care possible.  I pray for strength and wisdom for you in the days ahead.
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 07:31:55 pm »
I have spent most of the day thinking about you and your family.  Just wanted you to know that I am here thinking of you and wishing I could do more.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Icerotti

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 07:48:22 pm »
I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. I know you have poured your heart and soul into this girl. We are thinking about you tiday.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 07:53:29 pm »
Gypsy, I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I want to second what everyone else has said: you can't blame yourself for this, you have been the very best dog mom Rosie could ever have.

You and your family are in my thoughts.
RIP former BPO

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 08:07:36 pm »
Oh dear.  Gypsy, I'm so sorry that this has happened.  You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 08:19:03 pm »
I finally was able to reach my trainer/behaivoralist...After Rosie's vet checkup he wants to come & have a look see at Rosie & give me some professional guidence on what to do next...He said something that helped alot...He said, "remeber that Rosie is the same dog she was before she bit"...That helped me see things in alot clearer light & I realized I'd been treating Rosie like an outcast since the biting...Him telling me that made me realize that alot of how I thought she was acting today was her response to how I was feeling...Righ t after I got off the phone she came up & gave me a big kiss...I am afraid she won't beable to stay here but there might be another option for Rosie besides euthanasia...I will keep you all posted & again ty!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 08:22:27 pm »
You have one great heart and I know you will do the very best by your family and Rosie. Sending hugs.

Lisa

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Icerotti

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 08:22:36 pm »
Wishing you the best Gyps. We are here to support you- whatever decision you have to make. :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 08:32:36 pm by Icerotti »

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 08:32:25 pm »
It's a hard decision to make and I'm glad you are giving her every chance.  That alone proves what a good dog owner you are.  Most people would have given up on Rosie ages ago but you've stuck by her.  I'm confident you'll make the best decision for you and her.  And remember we're all here for you.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 09:08:53 pm »
You guys have helped me through a very rough day...I seriously couldn't thank you all enough...You know, I like Rosie better than I like most of my extended family & definitly more than most people in general...I wish we could just move away to a remote area where nobody could bother my dogs or my family...I know, not at all realistic, but I can dream...I know I for one would be completely content.

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 09:31:33 pm »
You are all in our thoughts and prayers.  I am sorry you are going through this tough time with Rosie.  Sending you hugs from Jersey.

Anita & the 3 Newfs from NJ