Author Topic: Bad news tonight...Rosie.  (Read 26764 times)

EllieAndBlu

Re: Bad news tonight...Rosie.
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2006, 07:04:19 am »
My heart aches for you today. You did everything possible to help your girl... but when the genetic wires are messed up, there isn't anything you can do to fix it... It is n't your fault and it isn't Rosie's fault. Please know we are all here supporting both! Y'all are in our thoughts and hearts!
Rest in peace Rosie!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2006, 07:48:17 am »
Rosie's appointment is at 10:30 this morning...I can't even spend time with her because her "I want to be left alone" sign is up & at this point I am totally respecting that...I just can't believe that a week & 1/2 ago I thought we were out of the woods & she would surely make it...I think she tried as hard as she could & really wanted to be a good girl but, in the end, just could not hang on...I can't even bring my girl home with me to bury in our "pet garden" because we can't wait out the 14 day quaruntine & they have to test her for rabies though she is current on her vaccinations.. .& if any of you know anything about that...well, it just adds insult to injury but it must be done...I am a firm believer in burying my fur friends when they pass but in this case I think we will have Rosie cremated...Ple ase send Rosie a thought or a prayer this morning...We are in the central time zone...Ty all for your unwavering support through all of Rosie's too short time with us...& through it all...I know that I am a better person because Rosie's big paws danced through my life & heart.

GR8DAME

« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2006, 08:05:19 am »
I cannot express how sorry I am that you and Rosie are making this journey today. I will only add my love and support for you all today and in the days to come.
Stella

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2006, 08:12:42 am »
I am so sorry.  I don't know what to say.  Please know my thoughts are with you and your precious girl this morning.
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2006, 08:57:33 am »
OH, Gyps, words totally escape me.  I am so, so, sorry! :'( :'( :'(

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2006, 09:51:14 am »
Chelle,

So, so, sad here. Maybe somehow she sensed a disappointment, frustration, or sadness and pulled back. She is not alone, you and your family are still with her till the end. Just because it's not filled with hugs and sloppy kisses, doesn't mean she's alone.

You are a strong women with a lot to give many pets and animals to come. Someday you will understand why things played out this way. But for now, just keep that faith that there was/is a reason for it all, even heart breaking as it is at this moment.

Love Ya! Call me when you are ready. I am always here for you, that doesn't stop just because Rosie is gone.

Deena

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2006, 10:18:00 am »
Gyps~
Just got the chance to catch up on the latest BPO happenings.  So sorry that it came down to this.  I know by now Rosie is at the bridge and I just want you to know that (once again while at work) my eyes are full of tears that one of my "BPO Sisters" is hurting.  I am sorry that this situation couldn't have played out better for both you and Rosie.  Just know there is a reason.  I know you already have love, hugs and slobbers from Alabama, but here are more!  :-*

Jacquie, Tsu and Boudreaux (a glare of love from Griffey too)   
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2006, 10:41:02 am »
I just wanted to let you know I am so incredibly sorry everything worked out this way , please know you're in my prayers ! Rosie , rest in peace you sweet girl  :'(
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2006, 11:04:16 am »
I am so sorry that this has happened.  You did the best you could for her and you should be commended for your good heart and your willingness to work with this beautiful girl.

I know nothing will make you feel better right now but I admire your strength and devotion to this dog.  Bless you and her.  She'll be waiting at the Bridge for you.
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2006, 11:11:56 am »
Rosie is playing at the bridge now. Without fear, sadness or pain. You were strong enough to give her the one gift that would set her free.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2006, 11:23:49 am »
Just wanted you to know that I've been thinking about you and Rosie all morning and wishing Rosie Gods speed to the bridge. Her poor tormented little soul is now at rest.  I can only have admiration for your strength and wisdom.  I don't know that I could be that strong.  Nope.... I know I couldn't do it.  We had an Akita for 13 years who sounded just like Rosie whom I felt SO guilty about but didn't have your strength of character.  You have my complete respect.  You did the hard thing...but the right thing.

Bless you!

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2006, 11:45:24 am »
Hi,  Jackie Wood here for Michelle/Chelle.  Her computer is down and she will get back with you all as soon as she gets her computer back up and running.

She said to tell you that she helped Rosie to the Bridge this am.  She went peacefully and for the first time Chelle was able to hold Rosie with Rosie's head in her lap.  She would not allow that before.

I just spoke with her on the phone and Chelle is ok.  She has talked to me at length about this both before she went to the vet this am and just now.  She knows she has done the best thing for Rosie that she could and has gone the extra mile to make her life the best it could be.  It was just not meant to be I guess.

She has also expressed her appreciation for the support you all have given her through this time and as her friend I thank you also.

Jackie Wood
Tanimara Great Pyrenees
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

doggylover

« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2006, 11:52:59 am »
Chelle, I can't tell you how sorry I am.  I, like you, was hoping that there would be a great solution...a miracle.  I guess in some ways there was a miracle.  Because of you, she is at the bridge, happy and at peace, instead of being jostled around one home to the next, being treated like she is a 'bad girl' and then shipped off again.  She had a wonderful loving home and then she had a peaceful death.  Can any of us wish for any better than that? 
Bless you,
Ronda :'( 

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2006, 12:36:13 pm »
All my prayers for everyone, Gyps... :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

DakotaMom

« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2006, 12:40:05 pm »
My prayers go out to you. I'm sure Rosie is happy and not afraid anymore.