Author Topic: Anyone in Ontario by chance looking to buy an Aquarium?  (Read 1385 times)

Lyn

Anyone in Ontario by chance looking to buy an Aquarium?
« on: June 10, 2006, 06:59:27 pm »
I'm getting out of fishkeeping. I've entirely lost interest in it.

I have a 75g with wood stand, glass tops, light and filter that are just sitting in my basement collecting dust. I think I only use the tank for 6 months and bought it brand new. LOL

Here's some pics...

The tank when it was in use...

The stand.. It's not in bad shape.. some paint would make it look brand new though.

The tank as it sits now (filter sitting on top).. ignore the mess, my basement is a disaster zone. LOL

The light.. the ballasts might be going in it.. the button no longer works, you have to wiggle the bulb to turn it on. I hardly use it so I don't know what the heck happened there.

I'm asking $250 for everything if anyone is interested. I need this out of my basement.. Money will be put towards my puppy fund. LMAO

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone in Ontario by chance looking to buy an Aquarium?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 06:39:59 pm »
Darn girl!!  Where were you last summer when I bought my 55G??  I searched everywhere for a decent used but ended up with a walmat special.  Looks like a nice set-up - at a great price!

Do you ever post on any of the Ontario fish boards?  Pricenetwork Aquaria (mostly Toronto Area) or KWAS (KitchenerWater loo Aquarium Society) both have message boards with a classifieds section.  You might try posting them there.
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 07:27:33 am »
I posted it on quite a few places. Lots of interest but as no shows.

I was going to post on Hamilton Craigslist but it's not a very active forum and I thought Toronto Craigslist might be too far. :-\

I forgot to mention there are also 2 large pieces of driftwood.. I'm chucking the one out, it's smells sappy.. so I don't think it can be used. But the other piece is huge. It would fill the length of the tank laying it on it's side. Or I was going to cut it into smaller pieces. But I'm not sure if it's usable either. It might just need to be prepared and soaked. I wasn't allowed to put it in the bathtub. LOL

Here's a pic it's the larger piece..

Liz, Just let me know what Jamie says.. I'll let you have first dibs. ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 08:45:11 am by Lyn »

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 04:45:06 pm »
Np :) Aquariums are a pain in the butt to move and set back up. I hated moving with mine..

Lyn

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 03:44:50 pm »
Just a heads up if anyone from Ontario is even remotely thinking of posting anything for sale on pnaquaria, don't. I've never recieved so much run around in my life. >:(

So it looks like I'm keeping the tank...  :-\