Author Topic: Low Back Pain...OUCH  (Read 3379 times)

doggylover

Low Back Pain...OUCH
« on: June 12, 2006, 07:09:53 pm »
Well my low back is officially MESSED UP.  Hubby just got me a vicodin, and I'm headed for the couch.  Badger is looking sad, he can read me like a book, no play time tonight  :(
This is so frustrating.  There are so many things I want to do, being stranded on a sofa isn't one of them.
 :'(

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Low Back Pain...OUCH
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 07:15:52 pm »
What happened to your back to mess it up ???
RIP former BPO

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 07:59:59 pm »
Heh, see, I couldn't stay on the couch...the vicodin kicks in and I get wrestless.  I was in a bad car accident when I was young, and I just have ongoing problems with it...have been to the doctor, hubby is a chiropractor, nothing really seems to help.  About once every month or so it gives me trouble. 

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 10:51:30 pm »
Heh, see, I couldn't stay on the couch...the vicodin kicks in and I get wrestless.  I was in a bad car accident when I was young, and I just have ongoing problems with it...have been to the doctor, hubby is a chiropractor, nothing really seems to help.  About once every month or so it gives me trouble. 

I have the same problem, but mine is with my neck.  I don't have to do much anymore to be in pain for the next week or so.  The last two times that I hurt it was reaching up for my towel while getting out of the shower and then when I stretched over the couch to water a plant.  That's pretty sad, huh? :D
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 11:46:54 pm »

I have the same problem, but mine is with my neck.  I don't have to do much anymore to be in pain for the next week or so.  The last two times that I hurt it was reaching up for my towel while getting out of the shower and then when I stretched over the couch to water a plant.  That's pretty sad, huh? :D
So true.  People always ask me what causes it.  Its so stupid, its usually that I bent over to pick up a piece of paper, some random nothing event.  We all have our health things, I know it could be worse, I could have diabetes or gout or something.  I'm really stoned on the vicodin...appa rently I ate an entire bag of potato chips ::), well according to hubby.  I don't believe it for a minute! 

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 02:12:15 am »
That stinks that you have ongoing problems. It's a good thing hubby can fix you up as much as possible!

Hope you feel better!

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 06:08:06 am »
Hubby a chiropractor - you are a lucky girl!!!

I hurnaited a disk in my lower back a couple of years ago - from a SNEEZE!!  Sneezed so hard I blew a hole in my disk - is that crazy or what??  Its been pretty good this past year and I've even been doing some horse riding (which they told me not to), but I understand your pain. 

Sit back and try to relax (I'm sure the vicoden helps with that!  LOL) to wait this session out.  Hope you are feeling better soon!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 08:19:58 am »
are there any good reruns on tv???

i hope that you're maybe feeling a little better today!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

doggylover

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 04:47:26 pm »
My neck goes out of whack at times and I'm sore for at least 3 days. It's like I can't stand up straight or look around me because the muscles are so stiff. I can feel it coming on and know the triggers that cause it to start hurting. If I massage it right after it "catches" I can keep it from hurting too bad. I got hit by a car when I was 9 in Germany smack dab in the face. Trust me, NOT a pretty picture to wake up to. That's what causes my neck pains.

I did find these LOVELY menthol pads by Equate (Walmart Brand) in the aspirin/tylenol section that work miracles! (clear your sinuses up too!) My mom's back was hurting during a visit to her house and I whipped one of those things out and stuck it on her back, she was fine the next day. She and my dad went out and got a box of the things :)
HMMMMMM that's interesting.  I'll see if hubby can find them.  I'm using the heating pad right now and I am NOT taking any more Vicodin.  This morning when I 'came to' I realized it was true:  I ate an ENTIRE bag of doritos.  I honestly don't even like doritos.  GAH
As far as the TV goes, there is ALWAYS something trashy on the tube to entertain me! :D

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 05:36:21 pm »
Let me TOTALLY SUPPORT the menthol pads!

The expensive versions are branded Icy Hot or Ben Gay, but you can find them at all the pharmacies now, and in a large variety of sizes. You can cut them into smaller sizes or into shapes if you need them.

And I love them.  I've had issues with my shoulders and back since I was about 14--OK, I could reduce the problem, but who wants to to have surgery!!--and the menthol sticky pads are the best thing that have happened to my shoulders and back in...in...I think the menthol sticky pads may be the BEST thing that have EVER happened to my shoulders and back!

Everyone should have menthol sticky pads in their medicine cabinet.  Anything that you might use Icy Hot for, just put a menthol sticky pad on.  It's SO much better.

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 06:08:40 pm »
I'm sorry you hurt your back. I feel your pain. My back is messed up also. I was hit by  cars twice as a teenager. Then being a vet tech for 15 years added more injuries to that. To top it all off I have scoliosis. I've been going to the Chiropracter for a solid year. Now I'm trying physical therapy. Fiday I go in for an MRI. I don't really want surgery. We'll see what the Docs say.
Take care of yourself, Take the Vicodin if you need it. Just stay away from the Doritos ;)
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

doggylover

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 06:18:13 pm »
I'm sorry you hurt your back. I feel your pain. My back is messed up also. I was hit by  cars twice as a teenager. Then being a vet tech for 15 years added more injuries to that. To top it all off I have scoliosis. I've been going to the Chiropracter for a solid year. Now I'm trying physical therapy. Fiday I go in for an MRI. I don't really want surgery. We'll see what the Docs say.
Take care of yourself, Take the Vicodin if you need it. Just stay away from the Doritos ;)
LOLOL I am a decent dieter if I am sober, add vicodin and I'm a bingemonster!

doggylover

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 06:19:06 pm »
LOLOL I am a decent dieter if I am sober, add vicodin and I'm a bingemonster!
Let me know what your doc says about the options!
Good luck!