Author Topic: Need Opinions  (Read 4332 times)

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Need Opinions
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 04:30:28 pm »
  I've recently had to make a difficult decision about mine and the pup’s futures. Actually for me the decision wasn't hard at all but since I've made it I've been barraged by people (friends, family, co-workers) that think I've made a big mistake, that I don't have my priorities straight, etc. It would take forever to explain the whole situation but basically I just quit a job I absolutely love and moved away from the place I had planned on spending the rest of my life in order to be closer to the care that Max needs. I think I've done the right thing but nobody else seems to understand why I would do this for a "dog", even friends with dogs. It would be nice to hear someone tell me that I'm "NOT" being dumb, or too sentimental, or any of the many other thing that rhyme with "crazy"!

You're being a complete nutcase and you're in good company.  ;)  Most people don't "get it".  I get in "disagreements" with one of my older sisters who thinks dogs should never cost more than $200 and if they get sick with something expensive, then they should be PTS.  Actually most of my family is like that.  If that's normal, I say you should be proud to be crazy!  Who would want to be THAT kind of normal?   ::)
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead