Author Topic: A home for a pit  (Read 2028 times)

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
A home for a pit
« on: June 06, 2005, 08:08:31 am »
Hello all!
I hope this is ok to post here...
I have a friend who is being re-stationed in Honalulu in 10 days and needs to find a home for his pit bull Mia. They had found a home for her already and the guy backed out today, the day he was supposed to take her.
Mia is a beautiful girl who is not quite 2 years old. She is good with kids and other animals, housebroken and even knows a few tricks. She is fixed and UTD on shots and likes to have her nails painted. She has been very well cared for and shows no aggression. We are in Maine, but the owner is willing to transport to NH or Mass as well IF a suitable home is found there. If you know anyone that might be of help please contact me and I will put them in touch with Mia.  She only has 10 days to find a great forever home and our local shelter does not place pits...
I don't have a pic right now, but I will try to get one.
Thanks,

Vicki

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: A home for a pit
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 02:18:47 pm »
That is really sad vicki, and a bit low of the person who were supposed to take her, to let them know the very same day he was supposed to take her. That is really to put a cramp on your friend.

I am sorry I have no help to offer, we live almost the whole country apart and the only peple I know in Mass. are hubbys grand parents and his uncles, well hes got an aunt in Lexington, Boston too but hehe I cant really see her with a dog, she is a very very very very near and orderly person to put it in a nice way hehe.

I'll be sending thoughts though, and hope for the best. Good Luck

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog