Author Topic: Partners in crime almost killed my bunny...  (Read 2871 times)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Partners in crime almost killed my bunny...
« on: June 16, 2006, 10:58:32 pm »
Today I was outside doing lawn work , my three skin-kids plus the dogs were all outside as well . After not seeing my 3 year old son , Rowdy ( yes , his name totally fits him) , for awhile I wandered to the backyard . I was confused when I saw my bunny's litter box and food dish laying on the ground , I went around the corner and there was Rowdy locking the door to the rabbit hutch , with Allie inside of it ! I can't believe that dog can even fit in there ! I quickly opened the gate and pulled Allie out and there was my poor bunny , all slobbered on and just lying there in shock . Normally she's very shy but I could do anything with her and she did not care . Luckily she perked up after awhile and is now totally fine . Needless to say , I have a lock on the door now ! I can totally understand why my bunnies in shock with a 100 lb newfie trying to "play" with her !  ::)
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

cricket36580

Re: Partners in crime almost killed my bunny...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 05:16:41 am »
Too funny!  I'm glad bunny didn't get eaten though.  I don't think bunny would have survived here... ::)

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 06:32:08 am »
Oh My glad everyone is ok. What a cute story though ;) ;D

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 09:51:56 am »
I truly am pathetic as I had this huge urge to run and get my camera when I first saw Allie in the cage , then I remembered the bunny . Doh !  ;D
-Amy
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Crush-Painted Turtle

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 09:53:00 am »
Sounds like you have your hands full with your dynamic duo! :D We have two bunnies named Jack & Jill...Samson & Pippin LOVE them...I do have to keep a close eye when the dogs get bunny time though because of the same reason you just described...I did have to move the guinea pig to where Samson couldn't get at her when he was a young puppy though...He would lick her until she was screaming indignity & she'd have Samson slobber just hanging off of her. :-\ :D ...It's pretty funny how my big tough dogs turn to whimpering mush around small animals like that.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 09:58:56 am »
LOL Moose is fantastic with all my critters , and so is my little Kylie but Allie is just too dang hyper and won't be still for even a second . Maybe when she's old she'll finally get to play nice . LOL
-Amy
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Crush-Painted Turtle

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 10:26:34 am »
 :o Poor rabbit!!! Still at least it is ok.

Many years ago when we still had GSD's, one of our rabbits died of shock when the one dog managed to stick his head in through the wire of the rabbit hutch :o. The dog hadn't done anything to him... Well apart from dribble on him abit. But it must have been a heck of a shock to him :-[
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte