Author Topic: New rescue  (Read 6607 times)

Offline starlit_10577

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
New rescue
« on: June 14, 2006, 11:38:45 am »
As some of you know I have a small in home rescue. I was looking on Minneapolis craigslist and saw this loving boy. He is a 1 year old sheperd/ timber wolf. He is great with kids and other dogs. knows the basic comands. I will be looking for a home for him soon. SO let me know if anyone can give this bay a good home.
Reese 1y pitbull
Baby 1 year pitbull
Angel 1 year pitbull

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: New rescue
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 11:52:30 am »
He is absolutely gorgeous ! I wish I wasn't at my limit right now with three dogs  :-[
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline starlit_10577

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 11:59:24 am »
Over the last week he has cuddled his way into my heart. After 10 years of having them come and go you learn to love but not get attached. I failed at this one. He is a bear. I am trying to find the best and most loving home I can. I did not say as of now he in not fixed. So that is on the to do list.
Reese 1y pitbull
Baby 1 year pitbull
Angel 1 year pitbull

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 12:11:13 pm »
What a handsome boy he is... :-*

I know how you feel about getting attached to fosters! Our "in-home rescue" has evolved into a large forever family of pack members!!!! ;D

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 12:21:32 pm »
What a handsome boy he is... :-*

I know how you feel about getting attached to fosters! Our "in-home rescue" has evolved into a large forever family of pack members!!!! ;D
ROFLMAO um doghealer?  I sorta wondered if you 'knew' that had happened in your house!? :D ;D ;)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 06:27:50 pm »
Well I do know someone that asked me to help him find a wolfdog but I don't know if he can have one right now..

He is absolutely gorgeous though!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 06:28:09 pm by dober_gurl »
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 11:29:56 am »
Where are you located?  Do you know how he is with cats?
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline starlit_10577

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 12:20:20 pm »
I live in minnesota! Yes he is great with cats and small children. He is not fixed so he dose have a small problem with male on fixed dogs. He growls. I have not seen one ounce of agression in him. He is teddy bear. and loves the outside.
Reese 1y pitbull
Baby 1 year pitbull
Angel 1 year pitbull

Offline starlit_10577

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 12:47:29 pm »
here is another pic of him and my daughter
Reese 1y pitbull
Baby 1 year pitbull
Angel 1 year pitbull

Offline rickie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Short dogs, but big paws :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 03:35:29 pm »
Wow, he is gorgeous!!! He looks really big.. either that or your daughter is young?
Short dogs Big paws

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 09:31:14 pm »
He is gorgeous no doubt!...Just make sure that the state he is placed in doesn't have laws against owning a wolfdog or require a special permit.
http://www.grapevine.net/~wolf2dog/ffo/ffo25a.htm

cricket36580

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 04:18:27 am »
He's a sweetie!  Wow!  You could eat him up with a spoon.  I hope you don't have any problems placing him.

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 08:42:47 am »
i know that you are in Minnisota (Sp?) but there is a great rescue here in New Mexico called Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary. used to be called Candy Kitchen Wolfdog rescue. they can take him in and adopt him out to a person who knows all about wolfdogs, and treat him w/ the respect he needs. (i'm not saying you don't know all about wolfs, but they are really good at what they do!) if they decide he is too much wolf and not enough dog, (which it doesn't sound like he is) they will keep him in their sanctuary for the rest of his life. (or in one case adopt him out to a long-time, knowlegdeable volenteer) they own miles of land and put compatable dogs in small packs to roam the woods. (fenced-in woods, of course!) if this sounds like something you want to look into, let me know. the link is: http://www.wildspiritwolfsanctuary.org/

Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 08:56:47 am »
i know that you are in Minnisota (Sp?) but there is a great rescue here in New Mexico called Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary. used to be called Candy Kitchen Wolfdog rescue. they can take him in and adopt him out to a person who knows all about wolfdogs, and treat him w/ the respect he needs. (i'm not saying you don't know all about wolfs, but they are really good at what they do!) if they decide he is too much wolf and not enough dog, (which it doesn't sound like he is) they will keep him in their sanctuary for the rest of his life. (or in one case adopt him out to a long-time, knowlegdeable volenteer) they own miles of land and put compatable dogs in small packs to roam the woods. (fenced-in woods, of course!) if this sounds like something you want to look into, let me know. the link is: http://www.wildspiritwolfsanctuary.org/

Leah
That sounds like a wonderful place!...From my understanding though places like that are becoming more & more needed for these poor creatures. :'( ...I wonder what is going on with this big handsome fella'? :)

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 10:18:01 am »
here is another pic of him and my daughter

Sweet heavens he's big!  And so beautiful!
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA