Author Topic: Waiting for pups  (Read 3456 times)

Offline Newfer

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Waiting for pups
« on: June 06, 2005, 12:48:34 pm »
Hello,
I don't usually post a lot here, but I'm home with nothing to do.  Boredum is a terrible thing.
My Sadie's pups are due Thursday (I happen to think it will be Wednesday though)  She went to the doc on Friday for an x-ray and we saw 6 BIG babies.  I have a doppler so I can hear their tiny heart beats.  Its amazing how fast they beat, especially when they get to moving around.  And they do move around a lot right now.  it seams like they are having puppy olympics in there.  I don't even have to have a hand on her big belly, I can see the movement if I just sit and watch.  It's so amazing.  I monitor her for uterine contractions twice a day for an hour which gives me plenty of quiet time to sit and watch the show.  I know I won't be bored once they arrive, but for now I sit here trying to come up with stuff to fill my day.   :-\

Here's a picture of poor Sadie and her big belly napping on her cool mat.

Newfer

lins_saving_grace

Re: Waiting for pups
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 12:51:04 pm »
Oh mama!  Let us know how things go and take pics of the little ones. :)

nickerbokker

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 01:01:23 pm »
poor baby!  i feel so bad for them...I CANT IMAGINE HAVING ONE KID IN THERE LET ALONE 6!!!!

are you DYING?  when my dog bailey was kocked up, we watched 101 dalmations every night LOL....we just could not wait...we wanted to sit on her and pop them out!

good luck....i CANNOT WAIT TO SEE PICTURES EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Offline Newfer

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 01:11:02 pm »
Oh, I certainly will let everyone know.  There will be lots and lots of pictures for sure.  My husband is a picture taking junky.  In fact we might even set up a puppy cam for a few days too!  I will post a few pictures here, but most of the pictures will be on her breeder's website at:  http://capricciofarmnewfs.com/Litter%20Albums/June05litter/pinkfloydlitter.htm
Which I am in the process of updating.  (I'm her webmaster too)

Newfer.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 01:50:20 pm »
Sadie is huge. Poor baby. I bet you and John are super excited. Have you decided if you are keeping a baby or not??
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Newfer

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 01:55:11 pm »
We have decided to keep one only if there is a big beautiful boy.  Otherwise we will wait for her next litter (next year).  Although it will be very hard to give up any of them!  Some of the people on the waiting list live very close so we will be able to see them grow up.

Newfer