Author Topic: Rosie forever in my heart....  (Read 24604 times)

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Rosie forever in my heart....
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2006, 03:55:36 pm »
 :'(Bummer... {{{HUGS}}} :'(

doggylover

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2006, 04:27:31 pm »
It's unanimous!  We all love you and think the world of you!!!
 :D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 05:24:01 pm »
Thanks everyone! :-* Your understanding & support has made this not nearly as hard as it could have been...Today isn't a fantastic day...Time marches on...people go about their lives, my kids argue & bicker as per usual, my hubby leaves tonight for his weekly trip to NY, there are still obligations to meet & promises to keep but Rosie is gone...Today just seems off...I am not settled...I'm o.k...I just feel caught inbetween a life that was JUST here & newly gone but gone forever all the same...Does that make sense...I don't quite know how to describe what I am feeling today...There is so much of her still here...Her hair of coarse :-\ :D & I don't even want to vacuum the carpet because I don't want her "gone" yet...I don't want to sweep & mop the kitchen because some of that dirt came from Rosie's paws...& it occured to me this morning that I had one too many dog bowls & it was somehow a dilemma...My husband wants one of Rosie's tags off of her collar to put on his key chain & I got all wierd about it...Like I don't want anyone to take or use anything that was hers...Last night I slept with collar wrapped in my hand...I guess the "o.k." I am is o.k. with the heartbreaking choice I had to make...I am at peace with that...I just am not o.k. she's gone.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 05:34:46 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 05:27:23 pm »
Are you keeping her ashes?

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2006, 05:30:09 pm »
Are you keeping her ashes?
I am going to bury her ashes in our "pet garden"...I believe in burying my fur friends bodies so they can nourish other living growing things but because Rosie had to be tested for rabies :'( as per the law even though she had her vaccinations I am having her cremated...I wish we didn't have to do that. :(
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 05:33:04 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2006, 05:43:05 pm »
I just am not o.k. she's gone.

I can understand that!  I'm so so sorry!  I can understand not wanting to clean up her stuff yet, not wanting to release any of her things!  Take your time!  It's still so new!  It's been two+ years since we had to put Otis down and he's still in my bedroom on the bookshelf with his collar and a picture of him at the beach being harrassed by a che-wa-wa.  I swear they take a chunk of a person's heart when they go!  It does feel like a physical pain!  I know what it's like to be between the two worlds...what is and what was.  How's everybody else in the family doing?

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2006, 06:24:09 pm »
These next few days are the weird time.  You're sure they're not really gone, you keep reach for them, you keep hearing them....my last dog, Baby, went during a nap one afternoon when he was 9. At first, I just kept reaching for him--I even opened a can of food a couple of times without thinking about it. 

It will take a few days to adjust, but you know what?  I'm sure Rosie's just lazying around the Bridge, watching you, telling all her new friends, "Look! There's my mama! See how much she misses me?  See how much my mama loves me? I'll be so glad to see her when she comes!"

It's hard, but it's OK, because it's just for now.  It's not forever; it just feels like it right this minute.  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2006, 06:26:38 pm »
I just am not o.k. she's gone.

I can understand that!  I'm so so sorry!  I can understand not wanting to clean up her stuff yet, not wanting to release any of her things!  Take your time!  It's still so new!  It's been two+ years since we had to put Otis down and he's still in my bedroom on the bookshelf with his collar and a picture of him at the beach being harrassed by a che-wa-wa.  I swear they take a chunk of a person's heart when they go!  It does feel like a physical pain!  I know what it's like to be between the two worlds...what is and what was.  How's everybody else in the family doing?
Thanks...It is so very painful...betw een two worlds...what is & what was & also, with Rosie, what will never be now...My kids come to me throughout the day & say, "I miss Rosie"...I tell them I miss her too & then tell a happy memory I have of her...I ask them to tell me something happy they remember & they go on their way doing kid things...My hubby is heartbroken but he still trys to support me in my pain...Rosie was his girl...Yesterd ay at the vet he cried huge tears & didn't care who saw & he is a big "tough" guy...He is a good man & I am lucky to have him...Here is Rosie's daddy with her yesterday morning.

k2campbell

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2006, 07:02:18 pm »
I am so very sorry Chelle.  For you, your hubby, your children and Samson and Pippin.  That 1st pic of your hubby with Rosie is just killing me here. I could imagine your house without Rosie is just so 'different'...

It will take a lot of time to get over this (if that's even ever possible).  Keep her stuff out and around for however long you want to.  We all understand and ache for you so much right now...

As sad as I myself am over all of this, I find peace with the fact that Rosie is now watching over you and your family, always.  You will see her again one day (not for a very long time) but you will, and she'll be waiting for you, patiently.  I'm sure Rosie isn't at all mad for what you had to do Chelle, she understands...

Rosie will never be forgotten - by any of us BPO'ers.  From her endearing smile, to her smarts and beautiful face, she was truly a sweetheart.  I think (even deep down), she knew that too. :)

I love the car ride you gave her on the way, how very sweet that was, she looks like she was in her glory - what more can be said about that.  Bless your heart for taking her in, making her feel more than welcome, giving her a family, and most of all - giving Rosie more love than any dog could wish for.  That is the greatest gift in all the world. ;)

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Kelly & Kate  :-*
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 07:05:42 pm by k2campbell »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2006, 07:53:39 pm »
He is a good man & I am lucky to have him...Here is Rosie's daddy with her yesterday morning.

Okay....I've been really brave until I saw the picture of your  husband with Rosie.  The look on his face is just heart breaking!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( You  DO  have a good man!  There is no question.  That's someone who understands!  Good for you!  You must be absolutely awesome (which we all knew anyway ;)) to keep a man like that in your life!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2006, 08:20:34 pm »
That photo started the waterworks for both of our Rosie's.   :'( :'( I just keep thinking that now your Rosie can touch and love you in a way she never could before.  Each time you feel the wind on your face it will be Rosie giving you a little kiss.  Time to  :'( a little more and go talk to my Rosie about your Rosie.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2006, 10:44:38 pm »
That photo started the waterworks for both of our Rosie's.   :'( :'( I just keep thinking that now your Rosie can touch and love you in a way she never could before.  Each time you feel the wind on your face it will be Rosie giving you a little kiss.  Time to  :'( a little more and go talk to my Rosie about your Rosie.

Lisa
Ty Lisa...Please tell your Rosie to make sure my Rosie isn't kicking Arwen's little puppy butt!...I told her already but I could use your Rosie's backup! :)

& YOU GUYS ARE ALL JUST WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!...I am completely overwhelmed. :-*

Nicole

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2006, 10:58:42 pm »
He is a good man & I am lucky to have him...Here is Rosie's daddy with her yesterday morning.

Okay....I've been really brave until I saw the picture of your  husband with Rosie.  The look on his face is just heart breaking!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( You  DO  have a good man!  There is no question.  That's someone who understands!  Good for you!  You must be absolutely awesome (which we all knew anyway ;)) to keep a man like that in your life!

Yes, Mari! That pic was it for me. I'm sobbing right now. It brings me back to the time...not to threadjack, Chelle, just trying to relate and tell you how good your man is...when our dogs were impounded by animal control. (long story...there's another thread about it somewhere...) and we were told they were to be euthanized within the hour.

Mark collapsed in the front yard...I mean, on his knees...sobbing...he didn't care who saw or what they thought. I mean, it was horrible...HORRIBLE...but there is also something wonderful about someone who can connect that intensely with an animal...you've got a good man, Chelle. You and he will see one another (and the kids, all four of em') through this.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2006, 05:16:08 am »
As soon as I told her that I had this picture in my head of Arwen jumping all around, over, and under the Rosie's. I think they have their paws full with her.

Lisa

Lisa
Ty Lisa...Please tell your Rosie to make sure my Rosie isn't kicking Arwen's little puppy butt!...I told her already but I could use your Rosie's backup! :)

& YOU GUYS ARE ALL JUST WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!...I am completely overwhelmed. :-*
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2006, 07:07:49 am »
I guess the "o.k." I am is o.k. with the heartbreaking choice I had to make...I am at peace with that...I just am not o.k. she's gone.

Boy, do I understand that!  You know you did the right thing but it still sucks big time, wish it didn't have to be that way and have a huge Rosie shaped hole in your heart.  I love the avatar pic - she did have at least one good last smile.  I'm so glad you were able to love up to her before she had to leave.  The pics with your hubby are heartbreaking!  I can't even imagine how either of you could see straight to drive.  After we went through it with Scout, I swore I'd never have another Pyr.  Eventually though the hole felt emptier than the pain.  I got Thor.  When he died I swore I'd never put myself through the pain again - I'd loved him 10 times more than Scout.  That Pyr hole was even bigger than the first and ya'll know the outcome of that story - Carter.  Hard as it is to end it, the love you get along the way is worth every tear.   :'(
Daphne